Issues with FitBit charge HR

Options
rosebette
rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
I'm still having issues with my FitBit HR, both syncing with MFP, and also showing extremely low levels for calories and activities. For instance, I did a 30 minute pilates class and a 60 minute zumba class, but the FitBit Dashboards is showing 0 active minutes for me. My total calorie burn for the day is only around 800, even though I've put in over 10,000 steps.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has been having step problems for about a week—including problems communicating with Fitbit.

Your MFP calorie goal is activity level minus deficit. Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (aka your maintenance calories). If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that, you will lose weight.

Adjustments are the difference between your Fitbit burn and your MFP activity level. If (and only if) you enable negative calorie adjustments, then eating your adjustments means you're eating TDEE minus deficit.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Today, however, it was FitBit Dashboard, not MFP, that was showing 0 activity minutes, despite sync-ing. Everything didn't show up until late this afternoon.
  • Wattyz
    Wattyz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm having the other issue. It's adding too many calories burned. I've had the HR two days. I didn't have the issue with the zips that I've had before this. Ugh.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    MFP has been having issues for over a week now. I'm having an issue where I changed my goal for weight loss and my home page is up to date but my food diary is showing the old goal. Heh. It's on the web only, not even a device syncing issue. It's been reported, along with all FitBit and other device syncing things. Apparently they are working on it. So that's that. :/ I'd say give it time. I'm sure we'll all know when it all works again...