New to MY FITNESS PAL... Looking for moviated people to be e

Options
I started using My Fitness Pal about 3 weeks ago and I have lost 12.0 lbs. I workout 5days a week and watch what I eat. But, I am at a speedbump and have NOT lost anything in a week. I know it's probably because of my diet but Im scarred to really eat anything cause of GAINING weight! Can someone please help ME on my journey?

Replies

• eorourke23
    eorourke23 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi there, I was the same but believe me ya gotta eat to loose the weight, just eat properly and drink plenty water, I have lost 11lb now and i always seem to loose the weight when I have ate more than i normally did, I aint no diet guru and dont understand how it works but keep going, everyone reaches a plateau but it will come to an end and the weight will come off again, excercise is vital, if you want to do this get up and do it, I have cycled 100's of miles on my bike since i started this and my labrador kodi is getting her paws walked off her but I am loosing inches which is a much better motivator than the weight coming off, keep up the great work, you CAN do this, so can I, take care :happy:
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just make everyday a chance to lock in those good habits. Not eating is like running away from a problem. I did well my 1st few weeks too but have plateaued. I have to say my habits after 2 months of MVP are soooo much better & becoming second nature.
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi... Do not get discouraged on this journey! I think that 12 pounds in 3 weeks in awesome!! You will have some days and weeks that things do not go as you would like but that will change. Remember that if you do not eat that your body could go into what I call starvation mode...This is when you do not eat enough and then your body will retain in order to function (so to speak). So do not stop eating or be afraid to eat... Just maintain your calorie and keep working out and it will pay off! I wish you luck on your journey!!

Michelle

* Please if I have said something that is inaccurate would someone please correct me :smile: I am going by what I have been told and certainly do not want to misinform anyone :happy: