a need to vent

Options
so my scale says I'm losing weight but at the doctors office it says I'm still 214 stupid scale stupid doctors office stupid 214 I want my scale to be right...208 damb it

Replies

• jenniferb
    Options
    so my scale says I'm losing weight but at the doctors office it says I'm still 214 stupid scale stupid doctors office stupid 214 I want my scale to be right...208 damb it
  • nursemeg21
    Options
    Just try to stick to weighing to the same scale. If your scale at home says you are losing weight then just go with that. It will make you a lot happier! Good luck.:smile:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    drs ofc scale is evil!:devil:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Your clothes have weight. The time of day effects it. The scales differ. LOTS of factors. Just keep track on one scale & you'll be much saner. :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Your clothes have weight. The time of day effects it. The scales differ. LOTS of factors. Just keep track on one scale & you'll be much saner. :flowerforyou:

This is so true! I don't weigh myself anywhere but home. Keeping track on one scale at the same time of day is the only way to preserve your sanity. I weigh first thing in the morning (after the bathroom of course) and without clothes.
    When I go to the dr I don't ask or look what I weigh, if they tell me and it's different I don't worry about it.
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    DEFINATELY do not get upset over the doctors scales. Like they all said, doctors scales are :devil: Growing up I always got upset because I would always be heavier at the doctors office, which would always prompt, "You need to lose weight" Its one thing for you to say it, but another for someone else, you know?

As for the scales- there are a lot of factors that influence the change, for one... you always weigh more on the type of scales doctors use, could be a 5-10 lb difference, which makes us :mad: but you have to remember, the time of day, body weight fluctuation (the lovely water retention!!) have you eaten? do you have clothes on, etc.

Dont beat yourself up over that, if your scale at home, which youve been weighing on- says a lower weight, and thats the one you have been weighing on... you stick to that number! And even after this set back, you get right back on track- you stay focused and you GO FOR IT!!!

Good luck!!