29f 5'5 178lb 135 Goal Looking for motivating MFP friends!

sullivantricia
sullivantricia Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey! I have yo-yo dieted since I was a teen but I have climbed to 178 and need to gain control of my body (95% of my wardrobe does not fit me!). I want fitness, endurance and energy more than just losing the weight.

My hurdle is that I'm a baker in a very good pastry shop. We make exceptional products that two years later I'm not sick of! Everyday there is a "scrap" tray with pastries that weren't up to standard. ...I have a hard time saying no to a delicious brioche pepin, financier or oat choc cookie.

I've recently bought a bike and have started commuting with it and it's been great! I enjoy it and I get in an hour of cardio by the time I get home. I'm not a lover of exercise but I hope that future habits will change that.

Anywho..I figured this time around I should become more engaged with forums and have some MFP friends to keep me on track! So give me an add! :) Cheers and good luck!

Replies

• moltobella
    moltobella Posts: 37 Member
    Biking is an awesome start! Feel free to add me. My starting weight was 205 and I'm currently at 158. 23 lbs to go and I love being motivated by those on the same path as me. I used to have a strong addiction to sweets and pastries but I've successfully overcome that though I'm around them daily.
  • gsxrguy03
    gsxrguy03 Posts: 9 Member
    Good luck with the journey, we are all on one, and its best to be honest with yourself. Small steps in the right direction will get you there. I started the paleo diet and its been working. I didnt exercise for the last ten years and got to 240lbs. I started crossfit and the diet and ive lost 18 pounds since january. Feel free to add me. Again GOOD LUCK! Cheers
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    I'm just barely 5' 6'' and I started at 164.5 and have a goal weight of 138. Currently at 153.9! Feel free to add :)
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,227 Member
    Making small changes will get you there. I am 5'6". started at 215 and made it to 132. I love to cook, especially bakery. I did it, you can too.
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    Im down 50+ lbs in 3 years. It can be done. The first step is the hardest and youve already taken it!