Need help with meals!

Options
GinetteMac
GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
Please help me with food ideas. Anything fairly simple would be awesome!

Replies

• veevee1950
    veevee1950 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fish & potato pie: 140g any white fish cut into strips, 1 diced tomato, 1/2 sliced onion, 30g grated cheese, mashed potato (low fat milk, no butter). Put fish, onion & tomato layered into oven proof dish, cook until fish is tender. Cover in mashed potato, sprinkle cheese on top. Put under grill until cheese is brown. only 2016kj and really yummy, I have it every week.
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Thanks ladies, i'll pass on the big oreo cookie recipe though boys!
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    vbqng6kjfp2y.jpg

Homemade Turkey Spicy Sausage Patties, Omelet with Leek, Shitake Mushroom and Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes grown in my garden with Balsamic Vinegar, Whole Wheat Baguette, Iced Tea with Sweet n Low. Total 498 cal, 29g Carb, 27g Fat, 34g Protein, 4g Fiber, 1024mg Sodium.

• kxforg
    kxforg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Stuffed/roasted portabella mushrooms with lots of veggies, blue cheese crumble, 1 slice crumbled bacon, and an overeasy egg about 361 total put together. Takes about 20 minutes from start to end.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Main dish salads are pretty easy. Just add protein and other items to salads that you like.
    Examples:

Mandarin chicken salad: mixed greens, cherry tomato, cubed cooked chicken, mandarin oranges (canned work fine, but drain well), sliced almonds

Taco salad: mixed greens, roma tomatos chopped, grated cheddar cheese (1 ounce), 2 ounces cooked ground beef, salsa, 1 T sour cream

Berry Salad: mixed greens, 4 ounces cooked cubed chicken, 1 ounce grated cheese, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. A good dressing with this is raspberry vinaigrette.

Black Bean and chicken: chopped cabbage, 1/2 cup of drained black beans, 4 ounces of chicken, salsa

Hope that helps.

• bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is nice yet as it is in my slow cooker right now!
    500g chicken breast
    juice of a lemon
    chick stock cube
    tsp dried oregano
    2cloves garlic
    1/2 cup water
    salt and pepper to taste

Stick herby/garlic/lemon/water/stock in slow cooker and mix up. Pop in chicken breast. 6hrs on low, 3 hours on high.
    Mine also has 100g leek and 200g cabbage. As there is 5 chicken breasts I've gone for it being 5 portions at <200cals.
    Planning on doing some cauliflower rice and other veggies.

Homemade soup is awesome. I lob any ropey looking veg into a big pan, butternut squash, carrot, swede, corgette, cabbage, broccoli, cauli, onion...whatever...
    tin of tomatoes, seasoning/spices of your choice, stock of your choice (I usually do bout 1- 1.5lt chicken or veg)
    Boil till soft, whizz with hand whizzer. Usually gets me 6-8 portions for 100 - 200 cals
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    check out www.skinnytaste.com awesome ideas!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of Cooking Light magazine's recipes. Always some quick and easy dishes to be found "Dinner Tonight" each month and if you subscribe, you get access to all of the thousands of recipes in their database and the ability to organize your favorite recipes and make your shopping lists on-line. Very handy.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    I am a fan of Cooking Light magazine's recipes. Always some quick and easy dishes to be found "Dinner Tonight" each month and if you subscribe, you get access to all of the thousands of recipes in their database and the ability to organize your favorite recipes and make your shopping lists on-line. Very handy.

Or you can go to www.cookinglight.com and get the recipes for free! :)

I actually do get the magazine, though.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste is pretty good with easy fast recipes. Also, check food.com, they have tons of healthy recipes.
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really needed these, I know part of my issue is not eating properly and then I'm so hungry I snack! During the day at work is fine as i'm too busy to care but once i'm home and have a friend and pantry at hand, well..... my being good all day goes down the drain! I think if I eat more with less calories i'll be sure to do much better!

• DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • sunlee2015
    sunlee2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds good
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I do alot of crockpot meals. A have several listed in my diary, it's open. Curried cauliflower is one I made recently and Lobster bisque for my family. I usually aim for 1 cup serving sizes averages 100-150 calories per serving.

I don't know how to post the links here yet but when I do will post the links the ones that I altered from online recipes.