New Here! I Need Friends!

Options
Hey guys! I am 22 and married with one daughter. I am at my heaviest weight currently (282) and on the road to losing it! I contribute my weight gain to pregnancy, stress, poor sleep and eating habits, and lack of energy. I am on track so far but today is only day 1!

When I'm not doing wifely or motherly duties, I find joy in reading, watching movies, graphic design, and doing outdoorsy things. I am a "geek" and have nerdgasms over the Goonies, Star Wars, Disney, Ghostbusters, and Timothy Omundson... ;)

I'm in school too, majoring in Criminal Justice and going to law school after graduation!

Current weight: 282 (5"6')
Goal weight: 165
First "lose" goal: 100 lbs.

Replies

• RickTheRunner
    RickTheRunner Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi, good luck with your targets !
  • BrittanyAleciaS
    BrittanyAleciaS Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, good luck with your targets !

Thanks! You too!
  • crystalbb36
    crystalbb36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Brittany I am new her too, and a moma of three!! Glad to see that you are ready to commit to your goals that's the first step!!
  • ClarWebb
    ClarWebb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    U got this! Added :)
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany. I'm Mark. Welcome to MFP! You'll find a lot of support here. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • kriffindor
    kriffindor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany, I'm new here too. I'm also struggling with weight loss post pregnancy. I attribute my lack of weight loss so far to indiscriminate midnight snacking and daytime lethargy due to a baby who never sleeps (I'm serious, I love her, but the sleepless nights are a problem at 9 months!!) Add a high pressure job and I feel like I'm eating all the time!!! :( Be great to share progress! Add me?

My goals: Now at 156 lbs, want to get back to 120 lbs (pre-pregnancy weight). And get my muscle tone back to boot! Used to be a runner, so ashamed of where I am today.