Losing Belly Fat

Options
mrjvsxiii
mrjvsxiii Posts: 10 Member
My goal is to lose body fat so that I can look toned/shredded. I'm 5'5" height, 180 lbs weight & 22 years of age. I barely started this journey/goal today (May 5th) & need some tips/advice to accomplish my goal

Replies

• elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I feel your pain. You'll find over and over again people stating that you can't target where the fat is lost from, and they're right. When I started losing that was what I was really after but instead I lost it everywhere else and really never got my stomach down to where I wanted it. It totally depends on how your body works but for mine the belly is the first place it builds and the last place it leaves.

Seriously like my arms shriveled up to nothing, then my legs, then my backside, my face slimmed down.... and then it seemed like forever for the stomach and love handles to make any progress.

Don't lose heart though. It WILL happen and your success will further fuel your efforts!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Eating right and losing weight in general along with exercise is the only thing that will work...other than lipo! :wink: I lose weight where I don't think is possible first....feet, hands, wrists...sucks!
  • skinnyminnie268
    skinnyminnie268 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, today is my first day also...I believe with excerises that target the area you want to focus on as well as this diet program you should see result..I have dieted before and saw great result..but wit pregnancy come weight gain so im doing it all over again....
  • mrjvsxiii
    mrjvsxiii Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yea my primary focus is to lose fat in the lower belly area along with the love handles. I've been doing eleptical machine for an 1 hour 3 times a day & 1 hour of night swimming a day as well. I plan to increase the time span as I build my stamina cuz I am out of shape. My eating habits has darastically improved by only eating the right amount of carbs (strictly no rice) before working out for energy/fuel. I eat a lot of vegetables with all my meals from breakfast to dinner. My meals consist of vegetables & protein (ex: chicken breast, tuna or beef) Then in between meals I eat fruits for snacks. I only eat when I'm hungry & so far the eating time is perfect. When I used to eat very bad I would always feel hungry. I think eating the right food is really a crucial step on achieving to have a nice fit & healthy body
  • Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    mrjvsxiii wrote: »
    My goal is to lose body fat so that I can look toned/shredded. I'm 5'5" height, 180 lbs weight & 22 years of age. I barely started this journey/goal today (May 5th) & need some tips/advice to accomplish my goal

Eat, clean, train hard and most importantly dont forget that you are doing this for yourself. Dont make it a burden, make it a lifestyle and you yourself will see how the change will follow mate.

Good luck!
  • junec870
    junec870 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. This is my second day using this plan and I have to say I am loving it. It's taken me a long time to believe in myself and that I can do anything I set my mind to. I am 5 ft nothing and weigh nearly 10 stone. Now is the time for change and I am happy to see so many on here to share my highs and lows.
  • jojo1979xxx
    jojo1979xxx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I find it hardest and the longest time losing belly fat :(