Hey Guys!

Options
Hi, my name is Caitlynn and I am the heaviest I have EVER been in my life. It has ruined my self confidence, my sex drive, increased my depression ten fold and increased a few other medical issues. I HATE myself right now. I feel so dirty and disgusting in my own skin and I am ready to make a change!!! The problem is my lack of motivation and increase in depression! Today I weigh 240lbs exactly and need to get myself back down to at least 170 for a start!

Replies

• darcelchoy
    darcelchoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You can do it hun, once you put your mind to it. I'm 241 down from 249 in a month, never thought I would enjoy working out and eating healthy and you can get there too. I'll add you so you can get the support and motivation you'll need.
  • thelazydandelion
    thelazydandelion Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Losing weight isn't easy and it's even harder when you're battling depression. I've had depression since I was 19 and my weight kept creeping up over the years thanks to no motivation to exercise but loads of motivation to eat and drink alcohol.

I'm nearly 30 and only now getting somewhere but it's still a struggle, I wish I'd have made progress at your age because my depression is worse now because I didn't help myself earlier.

There is not simple solution as far as I'm concerned, the fact you're making this step is good enough. A little goes a long way if it stops you from giving up altogether.
  • kp130
    kp130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! Its an ongoing battle until you take action! You have steps up and noticed your feelings. That is great! Now to get to work! what is your action plan? what steps are you going to take. Once you are eating well and get moving your self confidence and depression will not seem as bad. Sending you a message! Peer support is the best way to stick with it!! Lets do this.
  • CaitlynnCarson
    CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My action plan is to stick to this daily calorie counter and put in EVERY LITTLE THING I consume including that tsp of lemon juice I add to my water thats a whopping 60 calories, and to get my butt moving more! So far I feel great and this app and the people are SO helpful and are gracious enough to spread the motivation!!! Thank you guys! Im so glad I found this app!
  • CaitlynnCarson
    CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    darcelchoy wrote: »
    You can do it hun, once you put your mind to it. I'm 241 down from 249 in a month, never thought I would enjoy working out and eating healthy and you can get there too. I'll add you so you can get the support and motivation you'll need.

That is absolutely FANTASTIC! Great job! I hope I can lose that much in a month! So far I feel good. Today is day 4 for me and I already feel such a difference. The increased water intake and less calories makes me feel healthier and seems to be giving me energy somehow!