What did I burn this morning?

Options
Hi all
I'm trying to work out how many calories I might have burned at a fitness class this morning. I usually run 3 times per week but have been getting really bored and unmotivated on my own so have decided to shake things up a bit and do a few classes. This morning I joined an advanced class and we did 30 mins spinning (at a pace that I thought I would die!) and then 20 minutes of kettlebells/climbers/burpees/cruches/skipping (again I gave it everything I had!).

I weigh 161 pounds and am 5 foot 7 inches tall. Do I need to provide more stats?

I will only eat back 50% of my exercise cals - well I plan to bank them for the weekend for some drinkies/indian food!

MFP is giving me 256 cals for spinning and 195 for the circuits which totals 451. Would that be realistic? Could I bank 250?

I would love to buy a fitbit!

Thanks in advance
O

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If your Spinning session included a warm up and cool down then that estimate sounds reasonable if a little on the low side. 600/hour is a very gentle session for me but I'm a fairly advanced cyclist. 700/hour is my two hour pace.

20 mins of bodyweight exercises sounds a little generous to me at 195 but not excessively so.

I think you could bank the whole 451. Taking 50% off is unnecessary for these particular exercises IMO.

In the end be consistent with your logging and adjust if your results over time don't meet expectations.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    If your Spinning session included a warm up and cool down then that estimate sounds reasonable if a little on the low side. 600/hour is a very gentle session for me but I'm a fairly advanced cyclist. 700/hour is my two hour pace.

20 mins of bodyweight exercises sounds a little generous to me at 195 but not excessively so.

I think you could bank the whole 451. Taking 50% off is unnecessary for these particular exercises IMO.

In the end be consistent with your logging and adjust if your results over time don't meet expectations.

+1
  • mammytotwo
    mammytotwo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Good to know. No warm up or cool down which I did think was strange but I did stretch at home. 450 calories is a lot! Tempted to go again tomorrow but I run with a trainer on Wednesdays so ill be sprinting til I cry!