catjan
catjan Posts: 106 Member
hello , please can you tell me what, when , how etc for intermittent fasting
Thank you

Replies

• Neil301
    Neil301 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its where you eat all of your calories in a small window of time and fast for the rest of the day. For example: You eat all 1900 calories (Man) within a 4 hour window and force your body to FAST for 18 hours.
  • catjan
    Options
    Blimey! Don't think my blood sugar would like that
  • catjan
    Options
    Thanks Neil 301. How often do you do this please?
  • secretsquiral
    secretsquiral Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    4 Hours is the extreme. Most start with an 8 hour window. There is a lot of things online about it. But i recommend it, im doing it currently, second time round. Lose more body fat, get more energy, an also learnt to be more disciplined.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It is basically an eating schedule. A lot of people already adhere to the 16 off and 8 on window, for example. I actually do the 18/6 or 17/7 everyday. In the 7 or 8 window, this is where you eat your calories for the day. You basically delay "break fast" until later in the morning or noon time. When you adhere to your calorie deficit this can be a good way to loose some weight.

This is not for everyone especially if you have any medical issues. So do research before you jump in.

Here is a tidbit of info

http://www.theiflife.com/intermittent-fasting-101-how-to-start-part-i/

http://www.nowloss.com/intermittent-fasting-diet-plan.htm
  • catjan
    Options
    Thanks secretssquiral, that sounds like something I could do mon to fri.
  • catjan
    Options
    Thanks Gia07. I'm not a morning person so eating later isn't an issue, will looks into & make a plan!
  • brandnew222
    brandnew222 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast and eat my calories mainly for lunch, dinner and usually a snack in the afternoon, it helps me keep control of my calories because I can eat more tasty and filling meals for lunch and dinner. It takes a bit to get used to not eat breakfast but after that it's gonna be ok!
  • itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a 16/8 lately because I have a serious mental weirdness about dinner. I will eat it whether I'm hungry or not and I eat a LOT. It's compulsive. So, I started eating breakfast and lunch and skip dinner in an attempt to teach myself that dinner is not a requirement and not neccesary if I'm not hungry. It's been getting easier. It's so weird because I'm not hungry ay all on IF, but I have to fight the urge to eat. I suppose that's why I got fat.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Either join the fasting groups here or do a more thorough on line search. Asking IF opinions here is widely mixed and often uninformed people will chime in without understanding things
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    There are many alternatives if 18:6 doesn't sound like it would work for you. (Also a lot of wok do 16:8 instead) There's also the eat stop eat version where people eat normally 5 days a week and 2 days a week only eat five hundred calories. Others do alternate day fasting where they eat 500 calories every second day. As long as you're getting all your calories in the end it works out and there are other health benefits. But as others have said do your research first, tons of good info out there. I would start with the Leangains site.
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ^should say a lot of *women* do 16:8.