Weight loss - a rant

Options
2»

Replies

• ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is not a diet - it's a lifestyle change. We all know that changing your life isn't easy! Hugs!!

I couldn't agree with you more. My husband and I decided to get healthy this year and change our lifestyle. It's been tough battle (I'm down 68 lbs and my husband is down about 75 lbs.) but we are both enjoying life a lot more now. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Kera885
    Kera885 Posts: 59
    Options
    I could not agree with you more, another thing that really irks me? The concept of cheat days. You hit the nail on the head when you said it was common sense to allow a little thing here or there, because that's sustainable and indicative of a life change (I'm preaching to the choir I know (: )but a whole day is just another way of saying 'This will tide me over until I'm thin and don't have to diet anymore' and the weight watchers thing? Could not agree more, I hate it when someone who is overweight (or even skinny as hell for that matter) and isn't currently doing anything about it tries to tell me about things that they've learnt on this diet or that, or ways to make it faster, or trying to imply that I don't know what I'm doing by simply eating healthier and exercising more. They've gained all the weight back and I'm still trying. I've been there too but on my way I've learned almost every piece of 'dieter's wisdom' out there, along with most of the legit health/fitness things. Haha, sorry for stealing your rant time but these are things that I've been dealing with a LOT lately when it comes to friends and family. Always seems to get worse closer to summer time.
  • snflwr04
    snflwr04 Posts: 46
    Options
    " I hate it when someone who is overweight (or even skinny as hell for that matter) and isn't currently doing anything about it tries to tell me about things that they've learnt on this diet or that, or ways to make it faster, or trying to imply that I don't know what I'm doing by simply eating healthier and exercising more."

GOSH - I hate that too. I don't claim to know everything about living a healthy lifestyle, but when people talk to me as if they know more about it then I do when they dont - pisses me off. I also hate it when I get comments like "Must be rough to be thin" - actually - it is!!!! Temptation is everywhere and I have little self control.
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Every day is a struggle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!