dessert ideas for a bbq

Options
2»

Replies

• SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't try to trick anyone into thinking it's actual cake, this is adorable.
    6c825754525ec04193ca89752f9673a6.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    place i went to over the weekend brought out fruit salad, but with chopped up mint leaves. outstanding.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    fry5150 wrote: »
    I have been given dessert duties for a BBQ and have no idea what to bring. What are some good low calorie ideas?

Hear you go, get a blender, add chocolate sauce, vodka, kaluha, vanilla ice cream,

Then add more chocolate sauce too the glass. Dessert is served
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Cold watermelon is always a winner!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes to the watermelon cake! Or I just saw one that was strawberries dipped in marshmallow fluff & then roasted over the grill to toast the marshmallow. Looks good!
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I saw a great recipe the other day- grilled peach halves filled with riccotta and drizzled with honey and pistachios. You can sub the ricotta for lower fat ice cream and it would be perfect for a bbq
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad. Bring some whip cream or something too...not everyone is on a diet.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    No-bake cheesecake, angel food cake with strawberries and whip, fruit pie and ice cream...
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with fresh fruit this time of year. I went to the Dollar store the other day, and bought some cute cups, I made sugar free jello layered with berries and Sugar free Cool whip, it was a hit!
  • fry5150
    fry5150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Some great ideas that I am looking forward to trying all summer long.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    WATERMELON! It's so good this time of year! You could also make some fresh fruit salad. Go to the grocery store and pick the fruits that look the best. It can be any combo you like. Then rinse them off, cut them up, and toss them together in a pretty bowl. It's colorful, so it looks nice, and it's delicious and healthy! Another good idea is this banana pudding dessert. It is low fat, and you can make it with sugar free banana pudding and sugar free cool whip as well. My grandpa is diabetic, so my grandma makes this a lot for family gatherings. It tastes great and people can never tell it's low fat and low on sugar! Here is a link to the recipe:
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easy-low-fat-southern-banana-pudding-53805.aspx
    It takes about 5 minutes to make. You basically just mix up the pudding and then layer all the ingredients! :)
    You can also get something like ice cream sandwiches to take for the kids, as well. Just toss them in the cooler and then they can grab them out when they are ready. Kids always love ice cream :)