Multiple Sclerosis

Options
I've had ms for 19 years. Started as RRMS but developed into Secondary Progressive about 4 years ago. I try very hard to maintain my weight and perhaps lose a little, but it's hard when you can't exercise too much. I find yoga my best exercise at the moment, helps with my balance and strength as well. The main thing is to just constantly battle ms and show that it's you in control and not it!

Replies

• nanap777
    nanap777 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have MS, but I am still at RR/MS stage. I'm lucky I've been allowed to try Disease Modifying Drugs and I'm currently on Avonex. This is my 2nd day, this time around, on My Fitness Pal.
  • marstegreg
    marstegreg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was looking for some fellow M.S. patients and there you were! I find that the only people who understand the difficulty of dieting with M.S. are those who have it. I have primary progressive. I have had it for 15+ years but was diagnosed 3 years ago. It is nice to know there are folks out there like me.
  • tazburton
    tazburton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Recently bought a sit down exercise bike. Very useful for my legs and good for my arms too. Sit on a chair watching telly to do legs, only 5 minutes at a time so not too tiring. Stand it on my kitchen counter and do arms, again 3 or 5 minutes so not too much. Doing yoga twice a week and now starting to do 10-20 minutes at home the other days. Fighting MS all the way!