HOW OFTEN DOES EVERYONE WEIGH IN?

Options
bbecker613
bbecker613 Posts: 20 Member
JUST STARTING AND WONDERING IF IM BETTER OFF WEIGHING IN DAILY WEEKLY..I KNOW WEIGHT WILL CHANGE SOMEWHAT AND I DON'T WANNA GET DISCOURAGED

Replies

• tsnowridge
    tsnowridge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have just started so I am definitely no expert, but the Weight Watchers program suggested once per week. I plan to start there and see what happens.

I also have heard that it is encouraging to record your measurements. Often you can be losing inches and not pounds.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Officially on MFP once a week. Mondays. I weigh several times a day though
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and measure also! I don't want to be discourage by not seeing the numbers change!
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week as I see no reason to weigh myself daily since weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • anjelyc23
    anjelyc23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but I know that it changes daily. So I just make mental notes and think about what I ate that might make my weight go up. But I take an "official" weigh in once a week.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Officially, no more often than once a week. I may get on the scale more often just to see the results of a day before, but it doesn't mena anything until official weigh in day, which, incidentally should be consistent both in time and actual day.
  • icramirez
    icramirez Posts: 40
    Options
    Well I would weigh in everyday but I dont have a scale to use at home so I have to wait until I pass by a machine at a store!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Me too. It helps keep me in check. If I'm up by 0.6 one day, it makes me want to eat as cleanly as possible that day.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    About once a week.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You will get a ton of different responses. I don't think it's a great idea to weigh in daily but for some people it works. I used to weigh in only once a week, but more recently, because I'm so close to goal, I weigh in about every 4 to 5 days. I don't obsess over the number on the scale though. I look forward to hopefully seeing a drop but I'm not overly concerned about it. I was before I lost my initial 15-20 lbs but now I'm just taking it easy.
  • trixie0476
    trixie0476 Posts: 8
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only post once a week on Sunday. I realize that my weight will fluctuate from day to day, but I still feel the need to see that weight daily.
  • lggarland
    lggarland Posts: 9
    Options
    I agree w/ taking measurements. I recorded them when I started working out about 3 months ago. I have lost several inches, but just lost a couple of pounds finally this week. My weight had stayed constant over the first 10 wks. I have been doing Jillian Michaels' workouts, though, so I know I have been building muscle, so wasn't too discouraged about the scale not moving. It's very encouraging to see the difference on the measuring tape!
  • elgface
    elgface Posts: 35
    Options
    hi! new here :) weigh in almost every day :P
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    Everyday. It's an awful habit but it keeps me in check somehow
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    Once a week ;)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I keep closer tabs on myself over the weekend since that's the time where eating out or at someone else's house is most likely to happen. Then I weigh myself first thing Monday AM. I only post it once a week. I also keep closer tabs if I'm coming up towards a goal I've set- helps keep me focused.

Numbers fluctuate based on a LOT of factors- so looser clothing and people noticing are just as significant to me personally.
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm the ONLY person who weighs themselves every day! I think I have to! I don't have the greatest willpower, so when the scale isn't where I want it, it keeps me goin' throughout the entire day..
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Once a week when I'm losing. Everyday when I'm trying to shed water weight.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a week before breakfast and after I go to the bathroom. i usually do it on the same day of the week too.

I would also keep a log of your measurements, I use the bust, hips, and waist myfitnesspal.com longs. There have been times I've most mass but not that much weight. This is a great example: I've lost 2 or more inches off my body but my weight has only dropped 1-2 pounds. Remember that muscle weighs more then fat.

Hope this helps
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I weight in two - three times a day and I need to stop!!! My weight literally fluctuates four or five pounds during the day. It drives me crazy, yet I keep going back to the madness!