Breakfast

Options
Michael5482
Michael5482 Posts: 26 Member
Hi all anyone got any low carb breakfast recipes all I seem to have is eggs as there the easy option

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    bacon, sausage, ham, cheese, eggs, or you can do what I do and skip breakfast and just have lunch and dinner, that brings your breakfast down to 0 carbs :)
  • IfeomaNdigwe
    IfeomaNdigwe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast isn't the best, it slows down your metabolism, manage egg white on wheat bread with a skim milk to go with
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I do southwestern egg beaters topped with 1/2 a haas avocado & either fresh tomato or salsa.......yum
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast isn't the best, it slows down your metabolism, manage egg white on wheat bread with a skim milk to go with

Come again?

It does not slow down anything......
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    just because it's morning, doesn't mean you have to eat breakfast food :) Chicken Stirfry is always good
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    False
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Fruit and yogurt, Nuts, grilled bacon and tomatoes and mushrooms?
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I eat fairly low carb, and eggs (with or without bacon/sausage) are my go-to breakfast. But when I get tired of them I have a couple other options in my rotation:

1/2 C of berries (whatever kind or combo you like) with 1/4 C of pecans or walnuts, a tsp or two of chia seeds, and 1/4 C of heavy cream, with a sprinkle of cinnamon is awesome - eats like a cereal (a really, really GOOD cereal) and is fast and easy.

1/2 C full fat cottage cheese with 6-8 grape tomatoes and 1 Tbs of roasted sunflower kernels, with a few grinds of black pepper on top is awesome and fast and easy as well.

A simple "salad" of one sliced tomato with 1/2 to 1 whole sliced avocado (whatever fits your calories) plus salt and pepper to taste and a drizzle of good olive oil (if it fits your calories) is also a great brekkie.

Hope this helps!
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a protein shake ..
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

No.

I don't eat til about 1030... At the moment it's protein (Steak, Kangaroo meatballs or chicken) with avo, sauerkraut and coconut oil. I also have coffee with coconut oil and Collagen Hydrolysate
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast isn't the best, it slows down your metabolism,

No it doesn't. You won't get the tiny boost in metabolic rate that digestion creates is all.

Low carb breaksfast ideas: cottage cheese and fruit, steak and eggs, tofu scramble, leftovers from dinner, bed of greens topped with egg or chicken salad, omelet, fritata
  • KarlaWright1989
    KarlaWright1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all anyone got any low carb breakfast recipes all I seem to have is eggs as there the easy option

5c7t7neb6q06.jpg

I live off these for low carb breakfast!

9lmmfiynogc4.jpg

ENJOY!jky2kig759hm.jpg

• KarlaWright1989
    KarlaWright1989 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Where it says 8g ground almonds that's just 1 tbsp.

I also put zero calorie maple syrup over them.
  • GaryHarbisher
    GaryHarbisher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My breakfast of choice is simple, 2 eggs - scrambled with spinach, turkey bacon (if I want protein) and a single slice of multigrain toast. Skip the toast if you don't want carbs.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'm loving overnight oats and a big bowl of chilled watermelon now that the weather has warmed up.
  • Michael5482
    Michael5482 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

5c7t7neb6q06.jpg

I live off these for low carb breakfast!

9lmmfiynogc4.jpg

ENJOY!jky2kig759hm.jpg

Thanks that looks gorgeous I'm going to give a try at the weekend when I have more time