Time to get serious

Options
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, but by no means new to dieting and weight loss. I will be turning 50 in a couple of years - I have heart disease in my family - I have slightly high blood pressure - and at my last checkup, my cholesterol was up. I told the doctor I was not going on a pill, that I would get it down in 6 months. He told me I have 4. So here I am. I'm glad to have found this site. I know what I need to do, now I just have to do it. I am not happy with my body and would be very happy to get 30 pounds off. I have been walking 2 miles at least 4 times a week and I have started planking(love this) and I am doing a biggest looser weekly weigh in with some of my friends. So hopefully with being motivated by the doctor, weekly weigh ins and not being happy with my body I can do this. I would love to have a few friends along the way to help keep me motivated and that I can help keep motivated. Add me if you are looking for the same. Thank you for all of the great resources on this site.

Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello...I just joined today, too and I'm about the same age as you. It sounds like you're off to a good start with exercise and friends to help support you.
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • GaryHarbisher
    GaryHarbisher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Request sent, sounds like you're on the right tracks
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome t hat you're taking charge of your health. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Request being sent. Glad to have you here.
  • ThickTamToThinTam
    ThickTamToThinTam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you all for the warm welcome.