Sides with Grilled Pork Chop Suggestions!!??

Options
Im Grilling Pork Chops tonight.. would like healthy suggestions on Sides that go well with Pork :smiley: ....Go....

Replies

• theston412
    theston412 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Maybe grilled apples or pineapples. Or asparagus.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Homemade applesauce (chop an apple, put it in a pan with a tablespoon or two of water, a dash salt and a big dash cinnamon, cover and cook on low until it turns into applesauce when you stir it - about half an hour)

Mashed cauliflower

Zoodles with a tomato sauce full of diced vegetables

A big salad
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    When we grill I try to do as much as possible on the grill so that I don't have to clean up. I would do grilled asparagus and either grilled potatoes (cube russet potatoes and mix them with minced garlic, onion, rosemary, and a little olive oil - cook them on one of those grill grates or in a foil pack) or grilled corn on the cob.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    theston412 wrote: »
    Maybe grilled apples or pineapples. Or asparagus.

I never thought to grill apples for pork chops. I'm going to have to try that

Usually I just make some rice and a veggie when I do pork chops.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I also suggest asparagus or brussel sprouts or broccoli. I also like the idea of grilled pineapples. Yummmm
  • gsayler860
    gsayler860 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Jasmine rice and broccoli.
  • Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Get some medium sized zucchini and cut them into wedges/spears. Salt them heavily with kosher salt and let them sit for 20 minutes to sweat (you can do this with eggplant and other squash as well). Rinse with cold water, pat dry and grill over medium heat while your chops are resting. Sooooo yummy!!
  • AmandaLenn86
    AmandaLenn86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a Fresh bag of brussel Sprouts handy.... Now the big questions===
    yummy ways to cook them :wink:
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Grilled zucchini. Cut into long wedges, toss with oil, salt, pepper, garlic and grill. Yum! I second the grilled pineapple too.
  • Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh, and check out the grilled salad at Thug Kitchen (ignore the cussing - the recipe rocks) in their recipe archives - that is another killer one!
    http://www.thugkitchen.com/grilled_romaine_hearts_with_avocado_lime_dressing
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I just had leftover grilled pork chop for lunch. My side? Broccoli and cauliflower.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options

I'm a simplistic gal with my brussel sprouts, so I'd just toss 'em in some olive oil with salt and pepper.

They're also good with bacon if you've got the extra cals to spare!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Cut up several slices of bacon. Cook bacon in oven safe skillet. Add brussel sprouts to skillet. Roast in oven. Top with parmesan cheese.

• gash14
    gash14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Grilled pineapples and pork are yum-o! I like doing veggie kabobs and brushing them with a nice vinaigrette dressing of some sort.

Take some tinfoil and make a little bowl with enough to cover completely, dice up some veggies, toss in a little oil, some spices, wrap up, toss on the grill as it's warming up and leave on grill until you're done making your chops then consume.

• abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Mizz_Mo wrote: »
    Oh, and check out the grilled salad at Thug Kitchen (ignore the cussing - the recipe rocks) in their recipe archives - that is another killer one!
    http://www.thugkitchen.com/grilled_romaine_hearts_with_avocado_lime_dressing

Thug Kitchen is so funny
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I like steamed broccoli or steamed green beans or both! Another one of my favorite sides is pierogies!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

You make them amazing by roasting them in the oven with olive oil/S&P until they are browned and crispy at the edges.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Grilled corn on the cob mmmmm
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options

You make them amazing by roasting them in the oven with olive oil/S&P until they are browned and crispy at the edges.

This. Make sure to cut off as much of the stems as possible though. They're so tough.
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Grilled peaches or nectarines with balsamic caramelized red onions. Yum!