Low Carb High Fat

Options
DianneIN
DianneIN Posts: 4 Member
hi, I'm looking for friends who are doing a LCHF way of eating. I've been doing it for 3 weeks and have lost 15 lbs and would love some new friends that are eating the same way. Thank you

Replies

• erica_olivier
    erica_olivier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Dianne! I've been doing it for about a year now. I love it! I've lost over 60 pounds on it and feel amazing! :smiley:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I just started 3 days ago and already down 5 pounds! How low carb are you? I'm going Keto so I'm under 20g a day.
  • anissagold
    anissagold Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I started LCHF May 4. I'm down 9lbs as of today. My ratio is 5-10% Carbs/20-25% Prt and the rest Fat. I'm averaging 1500 calories a day. I've been using the Keto strip to check for Keytones once a day in the morning.
  • lashaunda88
    lashaunda88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I STARTED MAY 6TH AND I FLUCTUATE IN TERMS OF CALORIES CONSUMED. I HAVE LOST ABOUT 9 LBS SINCE LAST WEDNESDAY :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Been on lchf for almost two years now. Most people on here aren't too accepting of this way of eating, but we do exist!
  • raquellion
    raquellion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started a week ago! I've been losing weight at my usual pace (3-4 lbs which is normal for me on a calorie restricted diet) but I've been enjoying it much more!
  • Sarahchoclateeater
    Sarahchoclateeater Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow can someone.plz explain to.me how isnut done? Am new here
  • DianneIN
    Options
    I just started 3 days ago and already down 5 pounds! How low carb are you? I'm going Keto so I'm under 20g a day.

• DianneIN
    Options
    I've been doing this for about 3 weeks and I'm down 15lbs. I feel great. This woe is great for me and it helps me stay focused
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! :) Already lost 3 pounds but that's probably just water weight lol
  • DianneIN
    Options
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
    Sarahchoclateeater
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Some of the articles say low carb high fat has not impact on blood cholesterol- wondering if any of you had your cholesterol checked?
  • Velzy
    Velzy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started today!
  • Juanito1983
    Juanito1983 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been using this diet for about 2 months and have gone down about 5 lbs. I got 5 lbs to go but I'm currently rebooting due to fear of plateu. I'm up to 150g of carbs and will be lowering carbs and diet on a weekly basis. It's hard to go below ur ideal body weight so my body is fighting the weightloss but I'm trying to shed stubborn belly fat. New to forum add me!
  • ChaliBahli
    ChaliBahli Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I lchf for about a month without gluten as well- consider it ketogenic in a way. Much less inflammation and joint pain, less bloating etc. Feel free to friend - I am always lookin for so e good questions and discussion on personal experiences w/ this! Essentially no cravings and at about 40g of carbs I am in moderate ketosis- we will see how that fluctuates and I would like to see what even lower will do. All the best to those starting new and all my support in this for ya!
  • shayleighxo
    shayleighxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5th day of <20g Carbs and I'm right in between "small/moderate" ketosis! This is the first diet that hasn't made me miserable. I'm so excited and antsy to see the results. Goodluck everyone!!
  • senorasara
    senorasara Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @shayleigh We're on the same exact day, same goal: ketosis! How are you measuring ketones? I'm eating 75% fat, 15% protein, 10% carbs.
  • senorasara
    senorasara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lenkearney wrote: »
    Some of the articles say low carb high fat has not impact on blood cholesterol- wondering if any of you had your cholesterol checked?
    @lenkearney - Jimmy Moore says in his book Keto Clarity that bad cholesterol goes down & good cholesterol goes up on LCHF. I'm hoping he's right!