Raw til 4 & the starch solution & paleo

Options
I'm starting a new diet plan... It's sort of a blend of a few others...
I wanted to do paleo full force but I'm just not that into meat and I don't think it should be eaten every day x3.
My plan instead is to eat (3x week) a high protein breakfast always including eggs...liver is nutrient packed and cheap so eggs & liver would be an example of a breakfast option for me.
I like how raw foods make me feel...they give me energy and I don't have any brain fog. So raw til 4 (equal emphasis on fruit and veggies) for breakfast the other 4 days of the week and for lunch all week long. So plenty of smoothies, juices, salads and veggie platters w/ hummus.
I've also been following the starch solution without even realizing it. I like how after a meal I always feel satisfied but it's too much work to cook large meals throughout the day and I also feel like all that starch can weigh me down.
So I'll be doing the starch solution for dinner. An example of a meal for me would be Spanish style brown rice, black beans, w/ large salad.
I'm going to try my best to stay away from anything processed including dairy.

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Okay. Good luck?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Egads...this sounds like it has more rules than Monopoly.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Is it important for you to attach a name to what you're doing? It sounds like you're disregarding key parts of each plan, so why not just say you eat what you like and what makes you feel good?
  • kokoAndorinha
    kokoAndorinha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't think mixing paleo and starch solution diets would work unfortunately as they're completely the opposite of each other, one promotes HCLF (high carb low fat) and the other LCHF. Paleo is rich in protein and fat but very low in carbs and starches, The starch solution is obviously the opposite. You can't do both at the same time, they would counteract each other and you wouldn't see any benefit x
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Is it important for you to attach a name to what you're doing? It sounds like you're disregarding key parts of each plan, so why not just say you eat what you like and what makes you feel good?

Agreed. I think you are just going to confuse yourself. I for one do something similar to rawtill4 when i go over board on some days. It just helps get back on track.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    raw till 4 except for breakfast? Paleo except you eat starch? Starch except you eat paleo?

How about ... eat less than you burn.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    "I before E except after C, or when it sounds like an A"
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If this sounds like it would work for you, then I say give it a try. And best of luck with it.

Hummus is not raw, though. :#
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    What if you took a weeks worth of all the foods mentioned and tossed them into a blender. You could prep your whole week in one go, and just drink a couple pints at every meal.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »
    What if you took a weeks worth of all the foods mentioned and tossed them into a blender. You could prep your whole week in one go, and just drink a couple pints at every meal.

Think of the time she'd save!!

I may start doing this. Plan my week's meals on Sunday, cook everything up, and then toss all of my portions into the blender and mix it all up. I will add some treats in there, too. I can put everything into single-serve tumblers and stick in the fridge. This is going to be great.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My own eating plan takes aspects from a whole bunch of different diets so I think if this is what fits your body and your life, you should do it.

I have tried, among just about every other eating plan on earth, Paleo, AIP, WAPF, and, of course, SAD. There are parts of all of those that make me feel healthy and parts of all of those that don't agree with my body chemistry. I take what works from each and eliminate what doesn't. I don't follow hard and fast rules so much as general guidelines as to what works for me.

I'm likely to have eggs and liver for breakfast, too. My homemade breakfast sausage contains liver, kidney and heart. Anytime I eat a good portion of liver, I feel much better. I do well on a moderate amount of carbs, not high or low, but my health also declines if I cut out all starches and attempt to get my carbs from veg so I make sure to keep some legumes/grains in.