Modified exercise routine?

Options
Ok I had a hemicolectomy in January 2011.. In regular terms i had colon cancer:sad: an had half my colon removed. Since the surgery i have gotten and incisional hernia. I cant lift over 20 lbs and need to lose 40 in six months for the surgeon to do the repair surgery.. I NEED HELP!!!! I have been on the slimfast 3-2-1 plan and riding a stationary bike.. I need and exercise routine that wont injur my hernia anymore,Any ideas?

Replies

• Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    HI There.. Im sorry to hear about you having cancer, my dad that that a few years ago...And is fine now. Hope it all goes well with you.
    I am having weight loss operation in a few months. The following information is what the Nutrishinest said is good to help loose weight.
    PROTEIN----60-80 grams or more per day

Fluid
    48-64oz--jello, ice, popsicles, and yogert count as fluids per day

3 regular meals and 2 snacks

5 Grams of total FAT or less per serving

12 grams(or Less) of sugar in dairy products,12 grams sugar ok in Yoget and icecream per serving

300 mg SODIUM (SALT) at most per serving MAX per day 2400mg

2-4 Grams FIBER or more per serving, you CANT get too much fiber 20-35 gms daily
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Maybe just lots of cardio. Forget the weights for now. Maybe something like recumbent bike trainer that won't put pressure on your abdomen.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    HI There.. Im sorry to hear about you having cancer, my dad that that a few years ago...And is fine now. Hope it all goes well with you.
    I am having weight loss operation in a few months. The following information is what the Nutrishinest said is good to help loose weight.
    PROTEIN----60-80 grams or more per day

Fluid
    48-64oz--jello, ice, popsicles, and yogert count as fluids per day

3 regular meals and 2 snacks

5 Grams of total FAT or less per serving

12 grams(or Less) of sugar in dairy products,12 grams sugar ok in Yoget and icecream per serving

300 mg SODIUM (SALT) at most per serving MAX per day 2400mg

2-4 Grams FIBER or more per serving, you CANT get too much fiber 20-35 gms daily
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanx for the replies :)
  • TANKENEY32
    Options
    thank u
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    walking, running, swimming, eliptical...........I dont think you need to lift anything for now, just concentrate on burning cals.

Good luck with the surgery :flowerforyou:
  • gaterbear
    gaterbear Posts: 68
    Options
    Wishing you the best with your health issues. I had 7" of my colon removed several years ago (non-ca) but now I have an incisional herna also. I have also had triple bypass surgery and just had my third Corneal Transplant, but the reason I mention this is that walking is a safe and effective routine. At least all my doctors have indicated that and it helps with all parts of the body and mind: psychologically, physically, emotionally, etc. Best of luck to you. Oh, I also recommend you try to use the good ideas offered on this site over the Slim-fast program. Just personal experience and years of fighting the fat gene. Also speaking as a Lifetime Weight Watcher member and a former lecturer.
  • TANKENEY32
    Options
    Wishing you the best with your health issues. I had 7" of my colon removed several years ago (non-ca) but now I have an incisional herna also. I have also had triple bypass surgery and just had my third Corneal Transplant, but the reason I mention this is that walking is a safe and effective routine. At least all my doctors have indicated that and it helps with all parts of the body and mind: psychologically, physically, emotionally, etc. Best of luck to you. Oh, I also recommend you try to use the good ideas offered on this site over the Slim-fast program. Just personal experience and years of fighting the fat gene. Also speaking as a Lifetime Weight Watcher member and a former lecturer.

THANX!!!!