Forums hijacked ???

Options

Replies

• vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    Did someone say brownies?? I thought we were supposed to be supportive on here. :smile:

I am a feeder. I show my support with food.

I've been on a diet fail...im on my way!! haha
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Though it was not meant as a post to be a mean person at all. I was just stating fact is all. I meant no one any harm. I was stating a fact. That is all. Nothing but fact no matter how bad I stated it. It is fact.
    [/quote]

Soo....you were just stating a fact then..?
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm.....brownies......
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm just personally having some down time at work...

Right! lol!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    he280 wrote: »
    I am new here. Yet it seems to me there are a few people at all times of the day that seem to think they're answer is the only answer to be up at any given time. Anyone else see this? Or is just me?

their*
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone here is offended. lol
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Please ignore all above comments.
    Mine is the only correct response.
    Now,
    What was the question?
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I am new here. Yet it seems to me there are a few people at all times of the day that seem to think they're answer is the only answer to be up at any given time. Anyone else see this? Or is just me?

People do tend to be abrasive with their views. Meaning, they do not do a great job explaining - just stating. They tend to come back with folks who post bad advice even more abrasive. Take it as a way to learn more, research it, ask about their answer, if you have studies that prove your point (credible studies), then post them to help back up your view point.

@JenandSome - I'll buy the chocolate!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'm confused on the question...

I think it's: Yet it seems to me there are a few people, at all times of the day, who seem to think their answer is the only answer to be up (posted? visible? awake? - I'm unsure if "up" refers back to the people or the answer) at any given time. Anyone else see this? Or is just me?

In other words, some people on this forum think they know best and are contentious when answering and it occurs at all hours of the day. Do I have that right, OP?

And now for my standard copy/paste answer to the "mean people" threads that tend to pop up: It's been my experience that every helpful poster on these forums, every single one, will be called rude, mean, negative, troll, bully, etc. at some point or another no matter how carefully they phrase their advice. Posts like this tend not to be very helpful. When every helpful poster is called out as mean at some point or another, then making a post like this without examples or qualifications just ends up pointing fingers at everyone.

There is some actual rudeness that goes above and beyond what should be acceptable here. Report it (use the actual report function not the flags) or call it out where you see it. But posts like this just add to the negative atmosphere that you're trying to combat instead of solving anything.

You phrased it quite a bit better yes.

Though it was not meant as a post to be a mean person at all. I was just stating fact is all. I meant no one any harm. I was stating a fact. That is all. Nothing but fact no matter how bad I stated it. It is fact.

redundant comment is redundant.... fact!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    There are some people that tend to answer more than others. Some have lots of knowledge and experience. Some have very strong opinions. Either one may seem to try to dominate the conversation, but it is still an open forum. There is much to be learned from the people who have strong opinions, right or wrong. That's where personal research and trials come in.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »
    You can always just post what you want and ignore em, although just because they think their answer is the "only one" doesn't mean it isn't also good advice.

This...

In life you have to know how to sort through things you don't need and things you may be able to use at some point. The poster may be able to use all of the advice given, maybe not at the very second because they are in denial or they just don't think it would be helpful but its possible that 6 months down the road when things get harder they might remember what that mean person said and actually use their advice and gain positive insights.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'm confused on the question...

I think it's: Yet it seems to me there are a few people, at all times of the day, who seem to think their answer is the only answer to be up (posted? visible? awake? - I'm unsure if "up" refers back to the people or the answer) at any given time. Anyone else see this? Or is just me?

In other words, some people on this forum think they know best and are contentious when answering and it occurs at all hours of the day. Do I have that right, OP?

And now for my standard copy/paste answer to the "mean people" threads that tend to pop up: It's been my experience that every helpful poster on these forums, every single one, will be called rude, mean, negative, troll, bully, etc. at some point or another no matter how carefully they phrase their advice. Posts like this tend not to be very helpful. When every helpful poster is called out as mean at some point or another, then making a post like this without examples or qualifications just ends up pointing fingers at everyone.

There is some actual rudeness that goes above and beyond what should be acceptable here. Report it (use the actual report function not the flags) or call it out where you see it. But posts like this just add to the negative atmosphere that you're trying to combat instead of solving anything.

You phrased it quite a bit better yes.

I really debated putting the definition of the word 'fact' here, because that's an opinion, not a fact.

In your opinion, the same few people seem to be commenting on threads as if they have the answer (which could just be because maybe they don't work a traditional work schedule and Tuesday is when they like to troll the interwebs, mmkay?). In reality, we all have answers and are welcome to share them. If you feel like someone else commenting on something means you can't, then you're being ridiculous.

Your train of thought is the equivalent to me yelling: I LIKE WATERMELON - NOW NONE OF YOU CAN LIKE IT BECAUSE I SAID IT FIRST. HA!

(So, do you hate watermelon yet, or...?)
  • MShayne2414
    MShayne2414 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    DonM46 wrote: »
    Please ignore all above comments.
    Mine is the only correct response.
    Now,
    What was the question?

Bwhahahahahaha!!! I'm dying!!!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wait. What?

What in the chocolate covered Peep Cleanse am I reading?!?!

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    There are some people that tend to answer more than others. Some have lots of knowledge and experience. Some have very strong opinions. Either one may seem to try to dominate the conversation, but it is still an open forum. There is much to be learned from the people who have strong opinions, right or wrong. That's where personal research and trials come in.

Why do you always have to answer so logically? Can't we just be confused and have our goofy gifs?

Because sometimes people need real answers.
    tumblr_mwcpryeYOo1r3gb3zo1_400.gif
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Why do you always have to answer so logically? Can't we just be confused and have our goofy gifs?

Because sometimes people need real answers.
    tumblr_mwcpryeYOo1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

best gif ever!
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Wait. What?

What in the chocolate covered Peep Cleanse am I reading?!?!

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

peeps-smores.gif