How do you stay so committed with such little time and money?

Options
Still in High School, and looking for a way to stay motivated. So I don't get to the point of over eating when stressed or not eating at all because I don't have enough time. Then I'm drained of energy and don't have much money to do things. Suggestions?

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    money to do what things?
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Do you mean that you don't have money to buy healthy food?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Creativity and planning. Carve out pockets of time and money. For example, when you have a little extra time and money, buy yourself a tray of chicken thighs on sale and cook them all up at once. Prepackage them in ziploc bags and have them in the freezer ready to go. Do the same with in-season vegetables. Only buy what you can make up right away. These pockets of time and money save you more time and money as you go along.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/foods-everyone-should-learn-to-cook#.njjBMe0Ev

http://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/get-5-meals-one-chicken/
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    College student here, constantly slammed with projects. Even when I have no time to work out, I diet. Your body is made in the kitchen, not the gym (but the gym will help you be a healthier person).
  • makaylarose33
    makaylarose33 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a family of 6 and my aunt and uncle are my 'guardians' they do the shopping. I don't have much crontrol over what we have for dinner and that's what makes it difficult, or someone always brings junk food in the house and I don't have much self control..
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I assisted another "living at home" today whose family serves mainly pasta with sausage and chicken. It is possible to eat well by portioning differently and perhaps adding a few special foods for yourself (like extra vegetables and fruit).