Seeking motivation for the final 10lbs of my weight loss journey!

Options
atomiccrisis
atomiccrisis Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi! I'm Roslyn. I am 19 years old, 5'2", and I have been overweight my entire life. Last summer, I started working toward losing weight. I started at almost 180. I joined MFP around 165-ish. I currently weigh 123lbs. This is the first summer in my life that I have ever been able to wear a bikini without feeling like a freak. I am very proud of my journey so far, but these last few pounds have really been sticking to me. I seem to have lost most my friends over the 8 months that I've used MFP, and now I really need a new group of supportive, positive people to help me finish my journey. Of course, you will receive lots of positive support from me in return! I don't care where you are at in your weight loss journey as long as you're actively online to motivate and support others!

((Note: For personal reasons, I am not comfortable accepting friends requests from men that I do not know in real life. Sorry. I still hope your journey goes well!))

Replies

• courtneylwylde
    courtneylwylde Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Courtney. Please feel free to add me, I totally get where you are coming from. I am 21, 5 ft on the dot, and currently at 123lbs also. Would love to lose those last 10-12lbs but it does seem slower than ever. I realised I'd gotten overweight since starting university and am only just beginning to have confidence again. We can do this, and motivate each other :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'am on the last 10 it's coming off slow :/ think iam losing like 2lb per month if lucky 3! it has really slowed dramatically why is it always the last 10 :P or 15 thats so stall iam 115 but wanna be 105 for the Record haha
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Me too, I have lost 20 lbs and am on the last 5-10. I am playing with maintenance, because I understand that we have to shift our intake gradually as we near our goals. That said, I am having a heart attack as my loss slows/stops. I really regret not measuring myself as I despite using the scale as my only metric, but I am a slave to it anyway.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    10 more pounds for me too! I'm 5'9"/133lbs/39-27-36, feel free to add me :)

IT'S SO HARD. This last little lump of fat clinging to my hips and stomach is being a royal pain in the *kitten*, I understand. Unfortunately, it really does come down to diet right now. I like to post daily, and am currently trying out a new diet plan and fitness program to try and mix things up for the home stretch. I love talking about trying new foods, and finding new ways to cook old favorites so that they taste good and help me trim off those final few inches for bikini season.
  • erinp523
    erinp523 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Erin. I am 5'2" and currently 145. I started at 175. I looking to lose about 10 more lbs as well. I will send a request!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    you can lose inches while the scale stay stuck too , is always good to have that measuring tape handy .. i've losted 3 inches off my belly alone> even tho my weight loss is horribly slow now or even stall