Chicken Dinner

Options
knottyhair
knottyhair Posts: 3 Member
I want to know some healthy chicken dinner recipes. Maybe pictures would be nice as well. Thanks!

Replies

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My life is chicken dinners. It is my quickest go to meal without it being eggs (with is also my life).

Every two weeks I buy a 5lb bag of frozen bonless, skinless chicken breasts. For two people it usually lasts two or more weeks (with other meals in between). I also make sure I have a jar of chopped garlic and a family bag of frozen spinach.

Last night I got off work and pulled out two frozen breasts. I let them defrost while I went to the gym. Upon returning home I meat them with a cup (or a mallet, whatever you want to use) and sliced into the middle of them to make a pocket. Defrost some frozen spinach and remove all water, sautee an onion if you want. Spread chopped garlic inside the chicken, the spinach, and stuff onions on top of that. Salt/Pepper the outside and bake (I use a nuwave oven for all my chicken, 10x better). I made a small amount of homemade white gravy with corn starch and serve with veggies.

I also enjoy cutting small slits (take the knife and puncture chicken) in various places and putting chopped garlic in it, salting and cooking, serving with a very thin white sauce/gravy.

Let the chicken sit in a brown sugar/cayenne pepper mixture and bake/grill with pinapple slices on top.

Mostly the first two we eat the most. Sometimes we do jerk marinnated chicken and I sprinkle brown sugar on it.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Shredded chicken breast in the slow cooker or a simple roasted chicken with veg and potatoes are great.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I like to just throw some salt, pepper, garlic, and a good amount of cumin on it and then grill or roast. Good stuff. Probably what I'll do tonight actually.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Chicken tacos, seasoned tenders, chicken nuggets, chicken chili, chicken pizza, etc. Pretty much anything!
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're having Salsa Chicken. 1 1/2 cup peach mango salsa, 2 chicken breasts, 1 can great northern beans, s&p, cumin, a little cayenne, in the crockpot for 6ish hours. My family will have it with tortillas, and I'm going to have it on a cup of brown rice.
  • abetterluke
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    Tonight we're having Salsa Chicken. 1 1/2 cup peach mango salsa, 2 chicken breasts, 1 can great northern beans, s&p, cumin, a little cayenne, in the crockpot for 6ish hours. My family will have it with tortillas, and I'm going to have it on a cup of brown rice.

I might have to try this
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is chicken marinated in Light Italian dressing and then grilled. I'll slice that up and put it over sauteed zucchini noodles with a light alfredo sauce. You can even slice up tomatoes and put them on top. Yummy!!!!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I like to just throw some salt, pepper, garlic, and a good amount of cumin on it and then grill or roast. Good stuff. Probably what I'll do tonight actually.

^^This is pretty much what I do minus the cumin. I always use panko crumps and bake the chicken. Gives it a good crunch.
  • abetterluke
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

^^This is pretty much what I do minus the cumin. I always use panko crumps and bake the chicken. Gives it a good crunch.

Good idea too. I love panko...in fact...maybe i'll try to combine our two ideas...that could be delicious.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Good idea too. I love panko...in fact...maybe i'll try to combine our two ideas...that could be delicious.

Oh I bet that would be delicious! Let me know how it comes out!!
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like to stuff chicken. I don't have the exactly recipe, but hopefully you'll get the idea. I marinate it in lemon pepper marinade or Italian dressing, slice it open, and fill it with fresh spinach, onions, and feta cheese. It's extra good when its sealed up with a slice of bacon

o166pgl8rvpp.jpg
  • Mmd1929
    Mmd1929 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I made up this recipe a few years ago and we eat it frequently: 2 to 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless). Oil a pan and place chicken in it. Cover with 1 can of BLUE RUNNER BLACK BEANS (other brands just aren't as good!). Add 1 can of ROTEL tomatoes. Cover with aluminum foil. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes. Remove from oven just long enough to add shredded mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. DIVINE!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I like to do sauceless bbq
  • abetterluke
    Options
    I like to do sauceless bbq

Do you mean you use certain spices (like a dry rub)? or do you just mean you grill it.
  • abetterluke
    Options
    Last night I did roasted chicken with veggies and on the chicken I put mild curry powder, cinnamon, ground coriander, garlic powder, kosher salt, and sesame oil....it turned out fantastic.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
  • helenlovesruby
    helenlovesruby Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had slow cooked chicken curry with carribean curry powder, coconut milk, onion and frozen peas.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Chicken and lentil soup: extremly filling

2 chicken breasts
    1 cup of red lentil
    1 onion
    (If you like any veg eg: carrots/potato)

Add All of the above in to pot add water untill covered about 5-10cm . Bring to boil and wait until everything has cooked. In a small pan spray with little oil 1-2 teaspoons of paprica and mint , let them infuse and add to pot. Blend everything together. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with lemon.

The lentils and potato will be so filling you wouldn't even need a bread roll. Its done and ready to eat in 30mins. Enjoy! Also you can save it in the freezer and just let it defrost.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ummmmm this sounds amazinnggggg

My life is chicken dinners. It is my quickest go to meal without it being eggs (with is also my life).

Every two weeks I buy a 5lb bag of frozen bonless, skinless chicken breasts. For two people it usually lasts two or more weeks (with other meals in between). I also make sure I have a jar of chopped garlic and a family bag of frozen spinach.

Last night I got off work and pulled out two frozen breasts. I let them defrost while I went to the gym. Upon returning home I meat them with a cup (or a mallet, whatever you want to use) and sliced into the middle of them to make a pocket. Defrost some frozen spinach and remove all water, sautee an onion if you want. Spread chopped garlic inside the chicken, the spinach, and stuff onions on top of that. Salt/Pepper the outside and bake (I use a nuwave oven for all my chicken, 10x better). I made a small amount of homemade white gravy with corn starch and serve with veggies.

I also enjoy cutting small slits (take the knife and puncture chicken) in various places and putting chopped garlic in it, salting and cooking, serving with a very thin white sauce/gravy.

Let the chicken sit in a brown sugar/cayenne pepper mixture and bake/grill with pinapple slices on top.

Mostly the first two we eat the most. Sometimes we do jerk marinnated chicken and I sprinkle brown sugar on it.