Turkey Enchilada Casserole

Options
NenaM812
NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
I LOVE Enchiladas, and even more, enchiladas that are easy to make and won't make you add 5lbs! I made this last night, and even my very picky fiance loved it. Here goes -

Turkey Enchilada Casserole

***Note: I used a casserole dish (I think the one under 13x9) and cut it up into 8 squares, giving myself two servings for dinner, but one serving would be great for lunch too. I've used all different sized dishes and two servings always seems to come out to about a quarter of the dish.

Servings: 8
Calories: 233
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 22g
Protein: 26g

1 lb 99/1 Ground Turkey Breast (You could also use 93/7 ground turkey or lean ground beef, but it'll change the calories just a little bit)
10 Yellow Corn Tortillas (I used HEB Brand)
2 cans Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce
2 cups Fat Free Cheddar Cheese (I used HEB Brand)

- Prepare the ground turkey breast in a skillet until completely cooked through. Season if desired (I usually add a couple shakes of Creole Seasoning, some pepper, and a dash or two or Worcester Sauce).
- Add one can of enchilada sauce to the turkey. Leave on low.
- In your casserole dish, begin layering your tortillas. Cover the bottom, but it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Soon the sauce and meat onto the tortillas until tortillas are covered. Add cheese.
- Add another layer of tortillas on top of the meat, sauce, and cheese and continue until you run out of tortillas and meat. Depending on the size of your dish is how many layers you'll have. To the top of the dish, add the second can of sauce and layer the top with whatever cheese is remaining. I like it super cheesy, if you don't, then don't add as much. You really can't mess this up. It's whatever you like!
- Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and crispy and everything is heated through.

I made this with HEB Spanish rice and Old El Paso Fat Free Refried Beans and it all came out to under 500 calories! It was sooooo good and filling, and great as leftovers!

Enjoy! :drinker:

Replies

• jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    nummers!!! can't wait to try it!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've recently made a recipe similar as well and I sauteed green pepper and onion with the ground turkey. Added black beans to the mixture before layering, and then you can serve it with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and light sour cream! and/or pico de gallo.

SOOOO GOOD and semi-healthy :) I'm so glad I can still eat stuff that tastes good - it definitely makes a big difference.
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've recently made a recipe similar as well and I sauteed green pepper and onion with the ground turkey. Added black beans to the mixture before layering, and then you can serve it with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and light sour cream! and/or pico de gallo.

SOOOO GOOD and semi-healthy :) I'm so glad I can still eat stuff that tastes good - it definitely makes a big difference.

Oh wow that sounds good! I didn't even think about adding veggies. Fiance and I like different veggies (for example he loves onions, I HATE onions) so I typically leave them out. But I love the lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream idea!
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    bump
  • misskate719
    misskate719 Posts: 92
    Options
    Bump
  • rtbogan0407
    rtbogan0407 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Yummy, cant wait to try it :)
  • kateopotato