FOUR INGREDIENTS (PLUS SPICES) = ONE GREAT MEAL

Options
nukebhs83
nukebhs83 Posts: 158
WE HAVE A GARDEN AND GET ALOT OF SQUASH SO I CAME UP WITH THIS RECIPE WHEN I SAUTEED SQUASH AND ONIONS ONE NIGHT. IT IS REALLY GOOD AND IF YOU LIKE YOU CAN USE WHOLE WHEAT PASTA. YOU CAN ADD OR SUBTRACT THE INGREDIENTS BASED ON HOW MANY SERVINGS YOU WANT---I AM THE ONLY ONE IN MY FAMILY THAT EATS THIS UNLESS I LEAVE OUT THE TOMATO AND THEN MY DAUGHTER WILL EAT IT.

3-4 YELLOW SQUASH--SLICED
1 ONION--DICED
I CAN OF DICED TOMATOES
GARLIC POWDER OR MINCED GARLIC--TO TASTE
SALT--TO TASTE
PEPPER--TO TASTE
BASIL--FRESH OR DRIED--I JUST ADD UNTIL I THINK IT IS ENOUGH
COOKED SPAGHETTI

SAUTE THE SQUASH AND ONION IN A SKILLET UNTIL SQUASH IS TENDER, ADD THE TOMATOES AND SEASONINGS. SIMMER ON LOW FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES. HERE YOU CAN EITHER MIX IT IN THE DRAINED SPAGHETTI OR JUST PUT IT ON TOP OF EACH PLATE OF SPAGHETTI, DEPENDING ON HOW SAUCY YOU WANT IT. YOU CAN ALSO ADD TOMATO SAUCE IF YOU WANT IT TO BE MORE OF A SPAGHETTI SAUCE. SPRINKE WITH PARMESAN CHEESE IF YOU LIKE AND ENJOY.

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good---and you can use squash or any other veggie that you like! ;) Thanks. :drinker: (lots of water)
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Is squash the same as butternut squash? I know there are different UK/US names for various veggies....
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    I was distracted by all the yelling....

Sounds good
  • nukebhs83
    Options
    Is squash the same as butternut squash? I know there are different UK/US names for various veggies....

its yellow (crook neck) squash that i use.
  • nukebhs83
    Options
    I was distracted by all the yelling....

Sounds good

sorry for that---i have to type in all caps in the office i work for and dont ever think about it.
  • Allivall
    Allivall Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump! Sounds yummy....thanks! :)
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options

butternut squash is just one type of squash, and they tend to have different flavours (slightly), but can all be cooked in essentially the same way

see this pic - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Squashes.jpg

and wiki article here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_(plant)
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Now this sounds so yummie gonna have to try this out real soon! Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    bump !
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump