Casein protein

Angela4Health
Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
Okay so I'm sticking to my whey protein for post workout, however, I'm trying to get MORE protein in now because I'm trying to build lean muscle, so I ordered some casein protein because it takes longer to digest, therefor (hopefully) making me feel fuller longer. Protein drinks/shakes tend not to fill me up or take away my hunger so that's why I thought I would try the casein protein. I did a little research on it but I mostly just jumped and ordered it. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I find it really fills me up. I use the Optimum Nutrition version.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    The optimum nutrition is the one I ordered! :)
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    I like fat free cottage cheese w fruit and or wheat germ
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    what is the protein source? (having a brain cramp) :frown:
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Most books and articles I read say that casein is slower absorbing than whey. They recommend whey post workout and casein before bed so your muscles can have protein all night. The protein in cottag cheese is mostly casein I think which us why bodybuilders eat cottage cheese befor bed or sometimes in he middl of the night.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Yeah, cottage cheese is high in whey and low in fat.. I usually eat it before bed with no carbs - I can't imagine waking up eating the stuff and then hitting the snooze button. :sick:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Cottage cheese is good, but the ones available around here are too high in sodium for me. Having said that the ON Cassein is pretty high in sodium as well, but I can make protein fluff out of it or protein pudding. I can't do that with cottage cheese.
This discussion has been closed.