Looking for new ideas to eat right

Options
hello working in a busy city that has fast food at your finger tips need healthy ideas!

Replies

• ooglipoo
    ooglipoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go to the grocery store instead! Grab hummus and carrots or have a sandwich made at the deli with low-fat cheese and lots of veggies!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    many many places have soup that are otherwise calorie-killer restaurants. Soup from a mexican place, egg drop soup from chinese, any soup from an Indian place, regular ole vegetable soup, etc.

I would first recommend bringing your lunch.
    2nd: getting soup to go from many of the restaurants in your city
    3rd: finding a great local place with a salad bar so you are controlling exactly what goes on it
    4th: know the fast food places within distance and the nutritional value of their menu. choose accordingly, not blindly.
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has some salads that are good - I like the pecan, apple, chicken. The grilled chicken wrap (sweet chili) at McDonalds is good, but stay away from the fries! Chick Fil A has a good Asian salad - not too bad in calories and other macros. Most of the healthy choices at fast food are going to be salads. I think you can still get a plain baked potato at Wendys.
  • mrsziegler607
    mrsziegler607 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken wraps are low calorie at McDonald's if u would have to go there also their yogurt parlays are delish!
  • sexxybeast1212
    sexxybeast1212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all some great ideas I really appreciate the imput!!!!!