From 275 to 183 w/ Pictures

Options
biscuittrisha
biscuittrisha Posts: 24 Member
Hi everyone! About a year ago I made a decision to stop telling everyone I meet about my weight loss success as I no longer wanted my weight to be part of me...instead I have been trying to figure out a way that I can use my weight loss success to encourage others who are battling to help them realize that they too can make the changes necessary to live a healthier and fulfilling life. This post is one way for me to begin helping others...below is my story.

I really was not overweight until I was around 17 years of age...and with the exception of about a year from age 18 to age 30 I weighed more than 200 pounds. My husband and I have been married for 13 years this year and from the time I met him until I turned 30 (almost 3 years ago) I gained 90 pounds. Over the years I tried any diet you can think of and was trying to find the easy way to lose weight. I used every excuse in the book and always put off starting my diet on Monday. Food controlled every part of my life, celebrations, misery, boredom, etc... Because I would play volleyball two to three times a week I fooled myself into thinking that I was active...however, when the only other thing I would do is watch television.

My ah-ha moment happened when I was looking through pictures taken when I went on vacation to California to celebrate my 30th birthday with my best friend. The pictures were taken on 6/15/2008. When I returned from vacation it took me about a month and a half to finally get off my butt and do something about my weight. I began counting my calories, changing my eating habits, and exercising regularly on 8/1/2008. Luckily my husband began the journey along with me.

I began at my heaviest weight of 275 pounds and to date I have lost 93 pounds. I still have around 23 to 33 pounds left; however, I just returned from vacation and decided it was time for me to post some updated before and after pictures. The pictures below were taken exactly 2 years and 11 months apart. Even though I still watch quite a bit of television and play volleyball, I now workout regularly and have found that I have a passion for running. I have found over the years how several small changes can add up to huge changes in my life. I ran my first mile in April 2009 and have since ran several 5k, and 10k races, 2 half marathons, and a full marathon. I like using myfitnesspal as it gets myself back on track I fall off the wagon. I am not concerned about falling off the wagon as I feel the most important thing is to get back on track.

I hope my story helps encourage others to keep on with their personal journey. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Take care!
Trisha

BeforeandAfter.jpg

Replies

• cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    wow that is so wonderful!!! So good to hear your success story. Thanks so much for sharing:) Good luck on your last few lbs.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Great story and so encouraging. Thanks for sharing.
  • MrsTHolmes
    MrsTHolmes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story!! Congratulations!! This is very motivating for me...I hate taking pictures for that very reason! Blessings to you for sharing!

Tina
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for sharing! Awesome job!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for sharing! Awesome job!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Wow! You look so happy & beautiful! I love the motivation you've just given me to continue on this amazing journey!:happy:
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    awesome job! you look fantastic!
  • biscuittrisha
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • KymzDaShiz
    KymzDaShiz Posts: 5
    Options
    Very encouraging. You look fantastic!
  • biscuittrisha
    Options
    Thank you. :smile:
  • lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    Looking great!
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    Very Inspiring .. Thanks for sharing
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    Wow! Great legs! You look amazing!
  • marilynj51
    marilynj51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Such an inspiration!!!
  • lauralhicks
    lauralhicks Posts: 168
    Options
    Looking good!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I'm proud of YOU.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Hottie with a body!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow your legs look amazing! Great job!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN tas tic!!

:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!