Attempted a 2 Mile Run for the first time

shadow2soul
shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
My local YMCA hosts monthly runs. They vary in length and always have a theme to them. I have been working up to being able to run a 5k, so I thought I'd try this months run. The theme was "Run with Mom" for Mothers Day. Mom's didn't have to pay a registration fee and were given flowers at the end.

Anyway, as the thread title says, I attempted it. I was able to run the majority of it (1.5 miles to be exact), but I struggled at the end.

c2b1610824678be7b10592f31e0431e7.jpg
Ya that hill you see everyone coming down...well you had to go back up it to finish

fushb8nm2wyl.jpg

As soon as the sign ups are put out, I'm going to register for the June 5k Art Run and see how I do with that.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Thumbs-up lady! I struggle at the end, too.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,831 Member
    That's awesome!!!!!!!!!
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Amazing! You should be so proud :) Love the photo of you both super cute!
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    Good Luck with the next run! Keep in mind you're running farther than a lot of people are!! Keep up the good work!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Great job!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Props for even trying, and it gets easier with time. Don't give up!
  • Reg4502
    Reg4502 Posts: 32 Member
    Awesome!!! You always have to start somewhere and each time you will get better and stronger. Before you know it will be running a 10k, then a half marathon!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Great job!
  • amcabee1
    amcabee1 Posts: 2 Member
    Yay for you!!! I have found that finishing a race, even if I struggle, gives me confidence and the motivation I need to keep going!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:
    I can run 3 miles; had just done it earlier in the week in 27 mins. However I don't typically run up hills or while pushing a stroller. Those two things definitely increased the difficulty for me. As such I'm happy with what I did but also a little disappointed that I wasn't able to do more. It does however give me something to work towards.
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Pushing a stroller makes a HUGE difference doesn't it?! Way to go!!
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    That's still a good run!!! Good job and keep at it!! Yep, now you know what you need to do to get where you want to be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!