Great Animal Names

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetandsassyred
    sweetandsassyred Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Give it a persons name like Louie that's always funny.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    My cat's name is Sketch. I can't remember how I came up with that, but I like to draw, so that had something to do with it. It's been a pretty good name for him.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Since he's part boxer, you could name him Evander or Sugar Ray. Also, I think Rufus is a great dog name, reminds me of roof roof (barking). Maybe Leroy or Mr. Scruffles would be good, too. my dog's name is Gracie, she came with that name, and I wanted to rename her Ava, but my husband said that reminded him of Hitler's mistress, so we kept Gracie.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I named my Boston / pug Ozzy, then we got a pure bread Boston Terrier and he was named Bean (Boston baked beans...) although we didn't name him, it fit well!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Ronald - call him Ron for short when you need to.
  • davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I let my son name our basset hound, his name is stitch. I like the name Tonka for a boxer/mastiff.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My husband once had a dog named Fatty McPies...
  • rblevins48
    rblevins48 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the great names. We will consider these and I will post back on here when we come up with one
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mr. Nibbles

Hehe. That's my cat's name. Well, Nibbler. Miss Nibbles if you're nasty.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have Thor the Great Pyrenees and Zeus the giant cat (Thor was taken). Had a lab named Buddy, one named Spencer, cat named Bailey, dog named Captain (for Captain Morgan)... I'm sure I'll think of more.

Let us know what you pick!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dog- I have 4 cats (Ed, Prissy, Josie, Neko), 14 chickens (Phyllis, Tessa, Rocky, Maggie, Pearl, Callie, Buffy, Hope, Penny, Paige, Bubba, Simone, Blanche, Rosie) 2 ducks (Splish & Splash), and a pond full of fish(not named; I am not completely nuts).
    But, I want a medium sized "tuff" dog that I will name Camshaft, a pygmy goat named Ne-hi(knee high, get it??), a miniature pony named Tucker, and a teacup pig named Tetley.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also had a friend who named his dog Diogi (Pronounced D.O.G.)
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Your dog needs a strong masculine name. I'm picturing something like Zeus, Buck, Apache, Bane, Duke, Jax, Bond.

Our family dog was Ace (had to put him down a couple of months ago). He was a huge dog.

• lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Harry, so when he rolls around in the mud you can call him Dirty Harry.
  • rblevins48
    rblevins48 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions
    We finally decided on Finn
  • purplerosemfp
    purplerosemfp Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    oh i raised a french mastiff /doug de bordeux .. he was called Caine but should have called him decker.. he decked me everytime he jumped up to greet me.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Emily Bronte had a mastiff she called Keeper. Earlier, she had a smaller dog named Grasper. Me being who I am, I might call your doggie Heathcliff. Or maybe Rochester (in honor of Charlotte Bronte's _Jane Eyre_) and then I could call him Rocky.

I'm a cat person, too (though I love dogs). At the moment, I have 4 kitties: Smokey, a gray tabby; Sancho, who looks almost exactly like the orange and white cat in Lemurcat12's profile picture; and two sisters: black and white Luna and gray and white Essie.
  • yogini_runner82
    yogini_runner82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Brutus.

We have an Australian Shepard. Her name is Cookie.