Finally out of the 200s! Celebrating by myself

Options
sammyantics
sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
at my heaviest, I was 223 (27, 5'10, female if that wasn't obvs in my pic)

I've been fluctuating between 210-223 for the past...forever except the summer I worked in landscaping.

I've finally started eating better and less, and I'm slowly starting to go to the gym. For the first time in 9 years, the scale at the gym said 199.8.

I'm ecstatic, but no one I've told is nearly as thrilled. It's kind of a bummer. Thought there'd be some sort of a parade for being below the 200-lb mark. So I'm celebrating by myself and buying myself a little necklace on Etsy. :)

I just had to shout it into space where others would understand the feels.

:)

Replies

• ClurWelsh
    ClurWelsh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Well done chick!! Be VERY proud of yourself and do your own lap of honor :-)
  • kaeleychilds
    kaeleychilds Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's hard. I can't wait to be out of the 200s. Maybe remind yourself that you're doing this for yourself.

Crossing that milestone is worthy of being proud
  • karag413
    karag413 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! 223 was once my "lowest", but then achieved "203" before bouncing back up to 250 today. I would pass OUT should I see 199 on the scale, seriously!
    This is awesome! Keep up the good work, and I celebrate with you!
  • ClurWelsh
    ClurWelsh Posts: 21 Member
    Options

karag413 wrote: »
    Congrats to you! 223 was once my "lowest", but then achieved "203" before bouncing back up to 250 today. I would pass OUT should I see 199 on the scale, seriously!

You can do it!!
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks, all of you! I knew MFP would come through!!! You guys are the best :)
    karag413 wrote: »

Celebrate every victory!!! You got to 203 once! You can do it again!!! Heck, you will, and you will surpass it and leave that 203 in the dust!!
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats. That is great work.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'll throw you a parade sweetie!! You deserve it... keep up the good work!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You DESERVE to celebrate!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Congrats, it IS an awesome feeling isn't it? LOL You worked it & you deserve it.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm sure you feel great. My husband and I are toasting you with protein shakes! Seriously :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's a wonderful achievement. And know that people on here are happy for you. I find the most support from this site versus in my real life. I also say take a pic of the scale with that number. I did one when I hit Onderland and taped it to my monitor. It means more than any of the weight loss since then.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome achievement. I can't wait to be there to celebrate with you. :)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    congrats. I am so jealous. I hope to be under 200 by end of month
  • Titania1983
    Titania1983 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm on my way there too! Only 11 more to go. :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    at my heaviest, I was 223 (27, 5'10, female if that wasn't obvs in my pic)

I've been fluctuating between 210-223 for the past...forever except the summer I worked in landscaping.

I've finally started eating better and less, and I'm slowly starting to go to the gym. For the first time in 9 years, the scale at the gym said 199.8.

I'm ecstatic, but no one I've told is nearly as thrilled. It's kind of a bummer. Thought there'd be some sort of a parade for being below the 200-lb mark. So I'm celebrating by myself and buying myself a little necklace on Etsy. :)

I just had to shout it into space where others would understand the feels.

:)
    well congrats that's so amazing! I can't wait to be there! I will pretty soon!

• APeacefulWarrior
    APeacefulWarrior Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm hoping to follow not too far behind - and I know a few great jewelry shops on Etsy :)
  • kellsbells789
    kellsbells789 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I just got under 200 myself so I understand the feeling of accomplishment, and it's a great motion ager to keep going! :)
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's a huge milestone! Welcome to Onederland!!
  • eloise80
    eloise80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! :) I'm on the brink of hitting 189.9 and holy crap that is going to be earth-shattering!!! Not since my early 20s! Started out at 219 and yo-yo'd between 205-212 for over a decade on endless diets. MFP is the best. I am so happy for you- you inspire me to keep going!!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!