weightlose plateau

Options
jasond177
jasond177 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Dropped 50 lbs in 3.5 months. Low carb diet. Hour of cardio a day. Started january 1st. Past month or so I've sat at 185. I stopped running as much and started to lift weights at least once a day. I eat very healthy restricting carbs, fat and sugar. I'm not sure why I'm not even slowly losing. 5'10" 185lb 17 male. Around 2000 caloric goals which I'm almost always under even with 6 meals daily

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Age, sex, height, calorie goal?

One thing to consider is when you start strength training that is going to cause more water retention which could be masking some weight loss. As you lose, rate of weight loss will also slow down, so the two things combined could account for being stable for a month.

So be patient, tighten up your logging if necessary, and consider a small drop in kcals if they aren't super low.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    At that height and weight you're probably very close to maintenance calories and your margin for error is razor thin.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Check out spark teens, since you may still be growing and you have lost a ton already, you might benefit from focusing more on general fitness and building strength now, I definitely wouldn't advise eating less food.
  • tyb03
    tyb03 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    50 lbs?! I need your plan! I'm impressed.