Trying to Gain Muscle and Lose Fat

hello, would be nice to have some friends show up in my newsfeed everyday.

Replies

• Terryn_Cassar
    Terryn_Cassar Posts: 23 Member
    Going for the same goal. Feel free to add me.
  • rlh6703
    rlh6703 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey guys...check out www.isagenix.com they have an incredible system for building.g lean muscle. Add me if you want more info
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited May 2015
    Dylan wrote:
    absolutely you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time.
    Nope. They require different nutritional approaches.
    To lose fat, eat at a calorie deficit.
    To gain muscle, eat at a slight surplus (compared to maintenance) with lots of protein, while lifting
    progressivly heavier weights.
    The best most people can do is to maintain the muscle they have while losing fat, then try to add more.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Here's a body fat calculator:
    http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

Lift heavy, eat clean and be consistent.
    What does that mean when you say it?
    Because there are so many different meanings that it's meaningless.
    Also, no matter what it means (other than the very obvious "wash your food") it's useless advice.
    By eating less-processed foods, a person will get more volume with fewer calories, which tends to satisfy better,
    which leads to being able to maintain a calorie deficit & lose weight.
    But a person can eat a normal, varied diet and still lose weight or put on muscle.
    Other than increasing protein when trying to build muscle, there's no special trick diet.

Don't do any cardio specific exercises when trying to build muscle.
    Very bad advice.
    Cardio helps with so much more than losing weight. Endurance, heart & lung health, better use of glucose, lower triglycerides...
    It's important to do pretty much every day (the current best recommendation is 30 min/day for 5 days/week).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Eh, I'm trying a recomp. If it works, great. If not, I'll call it a fun diet break.
  • Juanito1983
    Juanito1983 Posts: 7 Member
    Trying to do the same. At 13.7 body fat wanting that 10%. Not easy to lose weight when ur already pushing ur IBW. I believe carbs are the key to cleanse the body of fat. But low...below 100g carbs daily to start and as low as 50g daily