Need some motivation

Options
Soooo. I worked an 11 1/2 hour work shift today and their currently is not a fridge at work. I was running late, so I had to get food on the run and am over 300 some calories. I haven't exercised but don't know if I have the energy to even walk another foot.
I work in retail, so I was on my feet literally ALL day....

Help.

Replies

• Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What do you do? I know you said it was retail, but what do you do? It is hard finding energy to do anything after a long day of work.
  • westj15
    westj15 Posts: 20
    Options
    I work at a Hallmark store. There is only two of us working, so we're constantly walking around asking if people need help- running for boxes and that sort of thing. i feel like you have to burn some calories standing on your feet for 11 1/2 hours...right?
  • jennkess
    jennkess Posts: 86
    Options
    you are going to have day's like that. try not to beat yourself up about it and start tomorrow off fresh. the worse thing you can do it think that because your day was off is to let it carry over to the next day or even the whole week. I've been there done that! besides if you were on your feet all day you may have burned more than you think.

Keep your chin up, tomorrow is another day
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    you are going to have day's like that. try not to beat yourself up about it and start tomorrow off fresh. the worse thing you can do it think that because your day was off is to let it carry over to the next day or even the whole week. I've been there done that! besides if you were on your feet all day you may have burned more than you think.

Keep your chin up, tomorrow is another day

ditto - well said.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That's a tough call, because if today was like every other work day for you, then I would assume you have yourself set at an active lifestyle. At the very least, burn some calories doing something not on your feet...abs, upper body, resistance bands?
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing 12 hour shifts in the ER and find myself feeling the same way! I figure as long as I am up and moving for at least 11 of those hours then I am burning AND rubbing my feet for 2 hours after I get home has to burn even more! Dont sweat it 300 calories isnt going to make you gain just wake up and start fresh tomorrow!
  • westj15
    Options
    I'm not used to these long days....so it's not by any means normal. I was under every other day this week....so one night won't kill me. I feel guilty but it's not like 1500 calories instead of 1200 is going to make THAT much difference....
  • westj15
    Options
    okay. no excuses. i'm gettin my butt on the treadmil for a half hour. thanks all!