quick snacks for work

Options
SarahSmiles0x
SarahSmiles0x Posts: 63 Member
I need some good snack ideas for work...I'm a pharmacy tech and I barely get time to eat let alone prepare a snack at work. What are some good snack ideas that are low in calories but tasty so I don't get tired of them?

Replies

• rmurratti
    rmurratti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I sit at a desk all day I bring grapes, nuts and veggies with hummus. These are filling and work for me ! Hope this may help! Renee
  • jonathanwrosas
    jonathanwrosas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep a small jar of almonds in my top desk at work. It's been a life saver.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Nuts, granola bars with little pb pouches, and small fruits such as plums and clemintines are all pretty easy to fit into your lab coat so you can just munch when you want.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    edamame!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I really like coconut flakes. Good if you are trying to bump up your fat intake :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    A few examples

Apple with peanut butter or nuts
    protein shake
    fruit and cheese stick
    celery with peanut butter or cream cheese
    Peanut butter toast
    banana and peanut butter
    watermelon with pistachios
    Flavored pretzels (the buffalo pretzel thins are to die)
    Greek yogurt with fruit and a few mini chocolate chips
    Protein powder mixed into plain greek yogurt

• BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am a college student who works as well, so I'm always on the go between classes and my job at the salon! I never get a chance to sit down and eat a snack, so I've come up with some good grab and go options! Here are some ideas for you:
    -String cheese
    - Greek yogurt with 1 Tbsp. granola mixed in
    - A serving of raw, unsalted almonds (or a different nut of your choice!)
    - 1/4 cup trail mix (look for one without added sugar & avoid the ones with candy in them!)
    - Carrot and celery sticks and hummus
    - Apple or banana with 1 Tbsp. Peanut or almond butter
    - A tall, skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks (make sure you ask for skim milk!)
    - Protein bar (go for one high in fiber and low in sugar to keep you satisfied longer. I LOVE Quest bars! www.questnutrition.com)
    - Protein powder mixed into unsweetened almond milk
    - 1/2 cup cottage cheese with strawberries or watermelon mixed in
    - 1 piece whole wheat bread with 1 Tbsp. almond or peanut butter
    - 1 serving air popped popcorn (no butter or salt added!)
    - Frozen grapes (it sounds weird, but try putting them in the freezer overnight! They are sweeter and more of a treat to me that way!)
    - A couple slices of lunch meat rolled up with hummus or guacamole in the middle

Hope some of these ideas help you out some! Also remember to keep a water bottle with you and sip throughout the day to stay well hydrated while working and on the go! :)
  • SarahSmiles0x
    SarahSmiles0x Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone I really appreciate it! The hardest thing for me is making sure I mix it up so I don't get tired of stuff. I have a habit of doing the same thing and then I get tired it. I'm Def gonna look up the quest bars because I love any kind of bar but it's hard to find ones that are low in sugar. Thanks again everyone!
  • RadiantKayleigh
    RadiantKayleigh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not my cup of tea, but my boyfriend loves a pickle wrapped in wafer thin ham x
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I usually eat these:
    1 cup diced watermelon
    1 cup blueberries
    1 banana
    1 Apple (green)
    8 strawberries
    1 cup green seedless grapes
    And I don't get sick of them. I just pick 2 each day and switch them up throughout the week :)
    You could also try these 100 calorie snacks:
    1 hard boiled egg with salt,pepper & paprika.
    1/2 cup cottage cheese & 1/4 cup blueberries.
    10 baby carrots & 1 oz low fat cheddar.
    100 calorie pack almonds. (Or 14 almonds).
    Medium pear.
    Half a cantaloupe.
    1oz fat free Greek yogurt & raspberries.
    2 celery stalks & 1tbs natural peanut butter.
    3 clementines.
    15 raspberries.
    1 cup chopped mango.
    ...I make all my meals and snacks on Sunday for the whole week. I bag all my snacks and write which day they are for so I can just grab em and go easily. Makes it much nicer being organized. :) especially with kids and a hubby so they know who's is what. Good luck ;)