I have a problem

Options
Right i know this sounds really silly, but i've only been properly healthy eating for a couple of days now (although i've been thinking about it for ages) well i've found everytime i go to eat i start then feel almost sick and just lose my appetite. I've been planning my meals and i know i have to eat so my metabolism keeps up, but why am i feeling like this...almost scared to eat?? I feel a bit neurotic at the mo!! :huh:

Replies

• dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Right i know this sounds really silly, but i've only been properly healthy eating for a couple of days now (although i've been thinking about it for ages) well i've found everytime i go to eat i start then feel almost sick and just lose my appetite. I've been planning my meals and i know i have to eat so my metabolism keeps up, but why am i feeling like this...almost scared to eat?? I feel a bit neurotic at the mo!! :huh:

It sounds like you jumped into eating healthier both feet first and all at once. Your body doesn't know what to do because that is not what it was used to. You might consider making that change gradually, so your body has time to slowly adjust.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Are you eating things you don't really like just for the sake of eating healthy?

No reason not to eat what you like but in healthier and/or smaller portions.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's psychological or physical? Could you be pregnant? (That's what came to my mind first thing!) Hope you figure it out and are able to continue eating well. :)
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    Options
    carebear7951 i would say psychological....def not pregnant it would be a virgin birth at the mo!! lol

fcrisswell, i'm eating what i like so i don't think its that!

dragonflydi, i do think i'm trying too hard, my husbands coming home in a couple of months and i think i want a miracle before then!!

Thanks everyone :smile:
  • hodgje
    hodgje Posts: 10
    Options
    i don't know if this helps, but i changed waht i was eating a couple of years ago and lost 124 kg, but the bad habits ...bread bread and more bread! have crept back. I was also unwell for the first week and it was explained to me that this was actually a lot of toxins being released as i drank more water and my body was adjusting to the differing amounts and types of foods. it disappeared after about 5 days and i fwlt really well after that.
  • hodgje
    hodgje Posts: 10
    Options
    That should read 24 kg, not 124 kg!
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    Options
    i am actually feeling a bit better, i think its like you said my bodies not used to all the water i drink and all the veggies. I was bad for bread and crisps, but haven't had either for a couple of weeks now (or alcohol and thats another major change! x