Intensity, P90X, 30 day shred?

Options
I'm thinking about getting one or two out of the three.
What's your experience with any of them?

Replies

• KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I meant INSANITY, not intensity. SMH!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I don't have P90X but I do have Supreme 90 which is the same basic concept, just more affordable, and so far I love it. I also love Turbo Fire by BeachBody. Chalene Johnson has got to be the most motivational trainer ever. She's amazing, and her workouts will kick your butt but it's also loads of fun! A friend of mine gave me her insanity dvd set because she never used them, but unfortunately the discs don't work :(
  • outburstjessi
    Options
    I haven't done any of those - I'm currently doing Slim in 6, which is by Beach Body - the same people that do P90X and Insanity...I LOVE it - it's great for someone who is going from NO exercise experience - I eventually want to do Insanity - although I keep hearing great things about 30 Day Shred!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity. I wasn't overweight when I started but I was not in good physical condition. Insanity was pretty intense and I could never really keep up with the people in the DVDs. Today was day 10 of Insanity for me. I sweated like crazy as usual but I had a really fun time. My whole body is sore but I love that feeling. I think it was well worth the money. After I complete Insanity, I'm thinking of getting Insanity: Asylum. That really depends on how physically fit I am. I also have 30 Day Shred. I made it to day 11 but then I stopped for some unknown reason. I got lazy and...yeah. I think it's a pretty good DVD. I sometimes do Insanity and 30 Day Shred on the same day. I love adding up the calories I burn. =)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add, that I hated 30 day shred. IMO it's not a workout you can stick with because it's ZERO fun.
  • kcsmomma
    kcsmomma Posts: 5
    Options
    I have Insanity and have done the first month. EXTREMELY intense. Like Super Athlete intense. I also have 30 day Shred and I really like it. It has 3 levels, so the first one is basic but still hard. She does 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio, then 1 minute of abs and it is non-stop for 20 minutes. GREAT quick workout in my opinion!
  • kcsmomma
    kcsmomma Posts: 5
    Options
    I do agreee with Angela. I only use Shred when it is raining outside and I can't get out to do my normal stuff. It's a great fall back plan though.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've do 30DS and Insanity. It all depends on your fitness level. 30DS is nicely leveled and Jillian gives you modifications The only modifications in Insanity are to do fewer reps and take more breaks. I've seen results with both, though.

Insanity is named that for a reason! The only thing that prevented me from getting P90X was the equipment needed.

The most important thing is that you stick with it. I don't have a problem with Jillian, but a lot of other people do. Good luck!