Back again........desperate to be successful!

Options
Hi, I am returning to mfp to hopefully finally win this life long battle. I am thoroughly disgusted with myself and really could use some support in my journey to lose 125 pounds. When I say that number my head makes me believe that I can't do it, I feel defeated before I even start. HELP!!! Please anyone who can share your tips for success and motivation I would love to hear from you. Looking forward to making new friends and completing this journey on this crazy road of life!

Replies

• rstandrew
    rstandrew Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    start with smaller goals like 10lbs then 20 then you wont feel so over whelmed by such a massive number and dont forget to celebrate the small victories along the way
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You have to make simple weekly goals that you can keep up long term. Don't feel overwhelmed
  • toxict206
    toxict206 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also desperate to hop on the health train. I've lost hope when I wasn't seeing any results and also my love for food is my biggest downfall!
  • MarnieHobbs
    MarnieHobbs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with rstandrew - have smaller goals in mind. Mayb focus on how u wanna look & feel at Christmas too. So aim for a time goal as well as weight loss. I've got 70lb to lose but am currently just looking towards how I wanna feel & look at my sons 21st bday party at the end of June. Me & my partner are currently doing Shaun T's T25 program (the creator of insanity). So far I've lost 9lbs in 3 weeks. If I can do it anyone can! Keep focussed & good luck :-)
  • msbonnieblueyes
    msbonnieblueyes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I agree with rstandrew.....set smaller goals so you won't be so overwhelmed. I am back after being away 18 months with more to lose. 3 lbs in 2 weeks, slow but sure!!
  • kskeith62
    kskeith62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am returning to mfp to hopefully finally win this life long battle. I am thoroughly disgusted with myself and really could use some support in my journey to lose 125 pounds. When I say that number my head makes me believe that I can't do it, I feel defeated before I even start. HELP!!! Please anyone who can share your tips for success and motivation I would love to hear from you. Looking forward to making new friends and completing this journey on this crazy road of life!

• kskeith62
    kskeith62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to win this lifelong battle with you. I know if I go back to the basics of putting out more energy than I eat, increasing fruits and vegetables, tracking and staying accountable I can do it again. I'm miserable and have failed over and over again. I'm determined one moment and cave to JUNK food the next. Here we go‼️ We can do this.
  • beakers322014
    beakers322014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :smile: I know how you feel! I have been working on my battle for years and I did make it to my lowest in a long time about 4 years ago. I miss that feeling of being happy with myself. So I am on here to finish what I started as well.
    I try to set small goals for myself because if I look at the bigger picture, I get overwhelmed. I have about 50 lbs to go so I'm trying to take it one day at a time and sticking with 5lbs at a time.
    My motto for now is "one day at a time!"
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is my second time trying with MFP and I gotta say, this does work. So first of all - good for you for getting back on the wagon. Second of all, learn from me, and don't get *off* the wagon! :-)

Seriously - I am a multi-goal type. I have highest weight, then starting weight for this diet (which had me at morbidly obese), then I use every 5 pounds as a private goal, then BMI goals from morbidly obese to severely obese to obese to overweight to healthy. I am now 65 pounds from highest weight and 51 from my most recent starting weight and almost almost almost at two big big goals - to be under 200 for the first time in decades and to be merely "obese" and no longer what I laughingly call "mutant". It is like emptying an ocean with a teaspoon but as someone who needed to lost a total of 125-135 pounds, all I can say is that while the scale provides periodic (and important) motivation, the only thing that really keeps me going is that I no longer treat it as a diet. It is simply how I eat. Meals that are loaded with vegetables and salads to be filling. Protein from fish and nuts and dairy and not from steaks. Apples and berries and carrots and nuts for snacks. It has finally come to feel like this is just how I eat, and not like I am on a diet.

I read these blogs to see how other people have done it. Obviously it is possible, even after a lifetime of failed attempts, like mine (after all, I've been fat all my life and I am approaching 57).

As the Japanese proverb says: Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    If you are interested, here is a website that shares the success stories, mostly from MFP members. They go into more detail than the success stories here, so you may find it useful. realbodiesrealresults.com
  • Mick63116
    Mick63116 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    At the risk of making this an echo chamber smaller goals help. Aim for 5, 10 20 then 10 more after that etc. I know there's days for me where I just can't think long term on any goal and need to try for something today to give myself a boost and feel like i am accomplishing something. It could be something as simple for me as not having 1 more soda, or something that is really really hard for me some days which is not stopping at a gas station for a ride home snack, but once accomplished it helps. So the short version, aim small. If you want send me an add happy to encourage where I can.
  • Nvr2L82BGr8
    Nvr2L82BGr8 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks to each of you for taking time out of your busy lives to send me a note. You all inspire me, I hope that I will do the same for you and others. Today was day three and not once have I cheated. I even had a nsv at Costco today. After wandering through the warehouse, I actually "ditched" some unhealthy items I picked up like a bag of Hershey's chocolate nuggets :) then on the way home I drove directly pass my favourite ice cream place. Two pats on the back, lol! Funny thing is I am looking forward to my salad tomorrow, never thought I would say that. Well night all, hope your day tomorrow is very successful. Cheers!
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Good job, and keep it up!