Looking for friends who hate exercise

Options
I hate to exercise. I really do. But I realize that I need to, because my goal is to gain back the muscle I lost during an illness.

I'm not looking to lose a large amount of weight (10 lbs), I just want to be more toned. And I need help from others who also hate exercise for motivation.

My goal caloric intake is 1200
30 years old
Need to find a work out routine that works for me.

Add me!

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Why not go for people who actually ENJOY exercise and try to adopt their mindset?
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Instead of bonding over how much you hate exercise, it might be better to find an exercise that you can enjoy incorporating into your life. For example, hiking is super fun because it allows you to feel like an explorer; you could even enjoy team sports, because of the social aspect and competitiveness.
  • charlieheartsmatt
    charlieheartsmatt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some times it's good to be real with yourself and just admit that you do like certain things. It doesn't mean you won't do them, or the you will always hate them. But right now, you can say, this sucks, I don't like it, but I'm gonna do it anyway.
  • usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Why not go for people who actually ENJOY exercise and try to adopt their mindset?

Thats what i was going to say ! lol

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Honey, you're not going to gain muscle on 1200 calories. You need to be in a surplus, or at least at maintenance to gain muscle. You'd be much better off eating a bit more, otherwise you're not only going to hate it, you're not going to benefit from it in the way you want.
  • valmorphanize
    valmorphanize Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ammo7 wrote: »
    Instead of bonding over how much you hate exercise, it might be better to find an exercise that you can enjoy incorporating into your life. For example, hiking is super fun because it allows you to feel like an explorer; you could even enjoy team sports, because of the social aspect and competitiveness.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I hate exercise, but my goal isn't to bond over that fact, my goal is to find what works for other people who also hate exercise.
  • valmorphanize
    Options

Because that is 100% of my friends in real life, and it hasn't worked, so I'm trying something else.
  • valmorphanize
    Options
    Honey, you're not going to gain muscle on 1200 calories. You need to be in a surplus, or at least at maintenance to gain muscle. You'd be much better off eating a bit more, otherwise you're not only going to hate it, you're not going to benefit from it in the way you want.

I admittedly know nothing about gaining muscle, and my friends don't have the same goals as me. I got sick, lost a about 20 lbs of mostly muscle, and gained back about 20 lbs of mostly fat. What do you think would be the best approach, to tackle the fat loss first or the muscle gain first?