How do you track food from a salad bar?

Options
kmab1985
kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
Sorry for the silly question! I'm new to using the MFP calorie counter but just wondered how you track food from a salad bar as you can;t weight it.

This morning I got a salad from Morrisons salad bar which was a medium one and it consists of 2x boiled eggs, cucumber, spring onion, carrott, sweetcorn, bit of coleslaw (i.e. no where near a scoop full) and about 1/2 scoop of cous cous.

Should I guess at maybe 400 calories?

Replies

• abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It can´t be helped. You have to guestimate. ;-) Eating out is allways a challenge to log correctly.
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It's about time they labelled stuff like the coleslaw with calories per 100g or something. At least then you could estimate more accurately. I think two boiled eggs are about 150 depending on size so I think your probably about right depending on the amount of coleslaw which is the killer. I loved Tescos finest Waldorf but stopped having it when I realised the amount of calories. I ought to learn to make my own I think.
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just a thought for future some supermarkets put the same coleslaw, cous cous etc in pre made packs. Might be worth looking next time and seeing if they have a barcode. Could use your phone app then and it Would give you some idea. I think Morrisons do this. Don't know why I never thought of that before myself.
  • kmab1985
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!

I will guesstimate at 400 calories!
  • kmab1985
    Options
    That link is great! My guesstimate wasnt far off, I guessed 400 calories but having worked it out, it was 481