Yummy brownies.

Options
lynner22
lynner22 Posts: 21 Member
Hey guys,
So last night I was craving sweets. So I looked up a recipe for brownies.
They are made with Black Beans to replace the flour (and all of flour's empty calories).
Surprisingly, they were moist and perfect! Definately needs the chocolate chips to make it a little sweeter but delicious and lower in fat than regular box mix brownies.
I thought I'd share the recipe for those of you who also crave sweets. Hope you enjoy!!

Ingredients
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained 3 eggs 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 1/4 cup cocoa powder 1 pinch salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3/4 cup white sugar 1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional) 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 126 | Total Fat: 5.3g | Cholesterol: 40mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    .....Can you taste the black beans? I haaaaaate them, but I'm always game for low cal dessert recipes!
  • lynner22
    Options
    Actually, you cant!
    They taste just a little less sweet than a box mix, other than that - the same. Maybe even more moist!
    And they're good for any gluten free folks out there :)
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Wow! I'm going to give these a try at the weekend! They sound great :)
  • AngelaTucker
    AngelaTucker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How many servings?
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...have it all n the cupboard and will be having a try at the weekend...thanks for the recipe :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Did you use the black bean liquid? I've seen recipes for both....

I've made BBB before as well but it had flour (I think?) so this sounds better carb-wise that is.

I agree, you can't taste the BB, it's just less sweet but the chocolate chips you have (I didn't) will definitely help.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Never would of thought black beans would be found in brownie recipe! But I'm up for trying this

I did make Slimming World's brownies with prunes but they were as flat as anything
  • lynner22
    Options
    The recipe makes twelve servings.
    I didn't use the liquid, rinsed the beans off and used my food processer to puree and mix all the other ingredients.
    :)
  • Picola1984
    Options
    I made them! I had to cook them for longer as I didn't have the oven up high enough. You can definatly taste the black bean in them but I used Green & Blacks cocoa which is my fave. I added chocolate chips and less sugar than the original recipe. I love the texture the most as its just like a squishy brownie.

I worked out the calories for my ingredients and each slice came to 109kcals and 4g fat, which is really good.

Here's a pic.

brownies.jpg
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Low-cal brownies?!?! I am SO in. Might make these today!!!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yum! Gonna have to try these.
  • k3muldoo
    k3muldoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just made these (added a bit of cinnamon, used extremely finely ground coffee beans instead of instant coffee, and melted some of the chocolate chips to add in to the batter then mixed the rest in whole).

First off: the batter itself was DELICIOUS. Yes, I am one to lick the bowl.

Next: they look just like regular brownies when rising in the oven!

I just tried the first piece and OMG. Delicious! Can't tell there is black bean at all. I'm going to give a piece to my partner when he gets home tomorrow and see if he can tell... bet he won't even notice!

Now, the hard part: stopping at just one piece!
  • nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think I might have to try these ;)
  • Picola1984
    Options
    They are nice warmed up in the microwave with some low fat creme fraiche
  • g_warne
    g_warne Posts: 28
    Options
    sounds yum!