IBS, Lactose Intolerant? Can ask me anything :)

Hello,
Ive been using this app for years now but never posted anything.
Im an expert in nutrition and I have IBS and am lactose Intolerant and know everything there is to know about these two.
Gym junkie as well :)
So any questions about fitness or nutrition, feel free to ask or add me :)x

Replies

• j1200k
    j1200k Posts: 4 Member
    The same here, dairy, yeast and wheat free. Used to spend on average about 4 days a month in bed until intolerances where discovered. Now trying to loose weight after major surgery. I need help too.:)
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    I have trouble digesting certain proteins like beef and chicken. As well as dairy, wheat, soy, and egg allergies. My digestive tract is sorta touchy.

I have been looking for alternative sources of protein besides pork (I eat it but didn't grow up eating it so it has taken time to get used to the taste).

I love lentils by they cause irritation in my gi tract that lasts a little over a day.
    I can eat some seafood but don't know till after I eat it if it will cause breathing issues or nausea.

I'm willing to try any suggestions because sometimes I just eat something and pop a few allergy pills or inhaler puffs. The dairy, eggs, and wheat give the worst reaction as far as breathing goes so avoid those as much as possible .
  • fitandall
    fitandall Posts: 6 Member
    Hello :) have you ever thought of doing a celiac disease blood test? What are your symptoms generally and what tests have lead you to know you have these allergies?