Plus size clothing in LOS ANGELES.

Options
I live in Los Angeles. I've been here since last September and I have NO IDEA where to find plus size clothes here (aside from Lane Bryant, of course) - but it's Los Angeles, a hub for fashion in the known universe - so there HAVE to be places to find great plus size clothing here, right?

I'm willing to go north or south into Orange County or east into the inland empire - ANYWHERE that has good plus size clothes in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.

Tell me if you know of any places!

Replies

051685 Posts: 21
    Options
    P.S. - I wasn't sure where to post this but, uh, good answers will be really motivational since I'll want to slim down to reward myself with new clothes... and supporting because you'll be encouraging me to not give up and go nude, hahahaha.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I live in the IE, and it's a long drive from LA, but my fave thrift store in Redlands is AMAZING for having really nice stuff, and I have been getting stuff there from size 18 on down until now, size 10.

I paid $5.50 for a pair of Anne Klein slacks, and I got a silk sweater by DKNY for $1.10!!!

The name of it is the Assistance League, and even though they have thrift stores in my own city (Rancho), the one in Redlands is like a gold mine!!!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    torrid.com

Not sure if they have any LA locations, but you can check the site. :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, they have a Torrid in Ontario Mills!
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far, ladies!

Crystal - Torrid is awesome, but I'm a stickler for having to try things on. Thanks for reminding me about them - I'll have to see if there are any in LA.
    Options
    Hmm... are there plus size clothing sites like Zappos, where if they don't fit you can return them for free?
  • TeresaJill
    TeresaJill Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hear Nordstrom South Coast Plaza is great.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    If it's not too teenie bopper for you... I know DEB has a plus size section in their stores. I see them in almost any mall I've been too.
    Options
    Sweet! Thank you Teresa and Crystal again! I'll check out DEB - never heard of it before. I'm 26 and I like "dressing my age" (whatever that means) but sometimes you never know what you'll find that'll work, right? Thanks!
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I <3 DEBS! Great place for plus size women as I am too!
  • NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One stop plus.com You can return for free.
    Options
    One stop plus.com You can return for free.

Awesome! Thank you!
    Options
    Any other suggestions? Angelenos? You out there?
  • ShelleyT_RN
    ShelleyT_RN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has plus sizes!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Don't know if there might be an Avenue there, we have them in SD and I went to one in Sacramento. Penney's plus sizes is sometimes well stocked as well.
  • hope007
    hope007 Posts: 8
    Options
    Fashion Bug Catherine's Sears JCPenney Sears for more career looks. For young clothes I'd try torrid old navy deb forever 21 and try local boutiques. they will usually say plus size in the front of the store. Not the best quality but it works for awhile :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Macy's has a pretty good plus size section, and I always find great deals there.
    Options
    I just came back to reference this thread and saw so many more ladies responded! Thank you so much for all the suggestions!

A non-scale goal of mine is to not wait for the weight to be gone to start putting more effort into my appearance. I love clothes, but I never buy them because I've been stuck in the mindset of "I'm huge - there's nothing I can do to look really good so why even bother?" but now I realize it's not true!

These suggestions help me a lot!