mother of 3 trying to get motivated

heidee86
heidee86 Posts: 14 Member
I have had 3 kids in the last 6.5 years and my body is NOT what it used to be. I work full time, odd hours, and by the time I get home I just have zero energy and ice cream sounds so good.
I feel like if I take the extra time to workout or prep fresh meats and veggies, I'm missing out on someone trying to play with me or talk to me, and I'm just not that kind of mom. My husband has no complaints about the way I look, but it's been about a year and a half since my last baby and I need to get my body back.
Any support would be welcome. I'm a self-proclaimed junk food addict, so dieting is particularly hard on me.

Replies

• rlh6703
    rlh6703 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello...I'm a mom of three as well and my youngest is 8 . I just started a nutritional program but before that I was a piece ...I would go running and do zumba but couldn't get it together . Now i hit the gym do bootcamp and hiit classes...get my cardio up. I've been stuck at the same weight for 8 years. So I've changed my mind on things and got into this nutrional system its changed my life. I lost 5 pounds and 4 inches in the first 30 days and I'm on my second month. Its given me great energy and also sleep so much better. I will tell you I had to make a commitment to myself about getting healthy. Being a mom of three boys and I also homeschooled yes I did that this year that added so much more weight. I'd love to share with you about what I'm doing it really helps with busy crazy schedules. Rachel
  • heidee86
    heidee86 Posts: 14 Member
    For the last 2 days I've been able to push through the exhaustion and prep food during nap time (rather than resting as well), and today I feel pretty good. Lost 2 lbs! (Water weight, I'm sure). I'd like more tips, though. Preferably something quick and cheap!
  • brandella5
    brandella5 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello heidee86,
    I have three children as well. 3 years ago I was in the best shape of my life. I ran marathons and on average when I wasn't training, would run 50-60 miles a week. When a tramatic event happened, I went down hill and gained 40 lbs. Started eating like crap and started drinking beer and stopped exercising all together. Now I'm getting back on track, however, the weight doesn't want to come off. I have lost about 13lbs. I often feel discouraged and very frustrated (and ashamed of myself). I am now an only parent and feel guilty when I leave my girls to hit the gym or head out for a long run. I would really like to meet others on here for added support and motivation.
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Hi...I'm a mum of 3, my eldest is almost 2! I'm finding that tracking my food and even small walks with the kids are helping. I've lost 9lbs in my first 2 weeks.
  • basia_a
    basia_a Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Heidee,

I can relate, I am the mother of four! Although my youngest is 13 I recently turned 46, so there are other challenges that have come with that.

I have always been a nutrition and fitness enthusiast so fortunately I never got too out of wacky.

I'd love to be a support buddy and would be happy to pass on my tips if you'd like.

Be well :)