Friday Drinks

Options
Ok so Friday drinks can never be missed! What are the best drinks to keep the cal-count down? Anyone?
Add me up as friend and keep it positive

Replies

• Daisy253
    Daisy253 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I drink rum with coke zero 30mls of rum is 70 calories. I am pretty sure most spirits are the way to go but someone correct me if I'm wrong!!
  • herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Vodka and slimline tonic/diet coke is the best. I personally manage to mess up every weekend by going against that and having either wine or beer! Damn willpower!!
  • DuncWinter
    DuncWinter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes I think white spirits are the way to go. Look out Friday and see how I go... Just need to remember to log the drinks hahaha
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    vodka and club soda with lime wedge or splash of lime juice does the trick for me.
  • DuncWinter
    Options
    Yep good idea! soda water of course! Maybe some mint as well !
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    5 hrs in the gym followed by pina colada's

coconut is miracle juice and pineapples burn calories

honest...

>:)
  • DuncWinter
    Options
    Who doesn't like a classic Piña Colada!!!
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As someone who loves beer, I'm going to say just have what you want and make sure your calories for the week average out. Because of cinco de mayo last week I had to of these outings, but managed to stay within my goal.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Martinis.

And I DO love a pina colada - had two last week. And omg the calories! Worth every one.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Spritzers
  • AmberLee3247
    AmberLee3247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a bartender.... Piña coladas are not rum and coconut juice. It's rum, coconut milk with cream or ice cream. They're very calorie heavy, sorry to say. If you only have one a week who cares but you're better off with wine or vodka and soda.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
  • DuncWinter
    Options
    Yes it no secret that a Piña colada is a big fatty drink haha...
    Of course there's an app "get drunk not fat"
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When unsure of calorie content when I'm out I just go with a Corona Light (99 calories).
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I just bought some no calorie, no carb, no sugar sweet and sour mix to add to my silver tequila and fresh lime juice. Guess the mixers contain chemicals instead, but oh well. The tequila kills the chemicals and it all evens out, right?
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm a bartender.... Piña coladas are not rum and coconut juice. It's rum, coconut milk with cream or ice cream. They're very calorie heavy, sorry to say. If you only have one a week who cares but you're better off with wine or vodka and soda.

I didn't say they were coconut juice ;) I was being silly and having a jab at the "miracle" properties if the humble coconut and the "miracle" properties of the humble pineapple. I guess I should have been more clear in my jesting :p

I can't say I've ever heard of putting ice-cream/cream in though... you're weird! And you missed out the pineapple.

Ice cream in a pina colada sound downright disgusting in all honesty...

How do you make a mojito.... I'm curious...
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    My own preference is
    1. glass of champagne.. just because
    2. gin or vodka and tonic
    3. cosmopolitan.. can't beat a pink drink IMO
    4. cucumber martini.. don't care what the calories are but they are so good

Seriously, as with all "food" I prefer making my own and figuring out the calories myself. Or getting DH to do it. Pina coladas are nice, but knowing the calories really turned me off. It's not like there aren't 1000s of other drinks out there to try!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »

Great link, thanks!

*hugs Miller Lite to chest*
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sake martini with Olives!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I have gin with slimline tonic. 56 calories a glass with lime wedges.