Question on weight loss

Options
henryberrios87
henryberrios87 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Been following this mfp app daily. Miscalculated my weight at first and bought a scale. I've noticed a gradual decrease in weight over the week. Is this water weight? Is it too early to determine? I've been eating well, having my whole wheat bread protien etc. I'm just making sure I log in everything with the scanner.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    well if it's been a week and you're eating at a defecit you probably will have lost something - but all weight is made up of water, fat and LBM so who knows

Best to weigh weekly - judge over 6-8 weeks your rater of loss

but well done

(what's whole wheat bread protein when it's at home? )
  • henryberrios87
    Options
    I meant whole wheat bread and protien such as eggs or chicken. I'm sorry for the confusion.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    OK ..got you :)

well protein should be viewed as a minimum and worked out at around 0.8-1g protein per lb of LBM

fat at 0.35g per lb of bodyweight

the rest you can fill with whatever you wish

I actually choose white farmhouse bread because it's lower calories and makes better toast than wholewheat IMHO
  • henryberrios87
    Options
    Thanks for the information! Also I forgot to mention. Before I started eating right... I also was not drinking enough water. I think I was dehydrated 90% of the time and didn't know. So yea... Anyone know what kind of impact not drinking enough water has on weight loss? Many articles online but can't tell how accurate.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Dehydration makes you store water weight so scale weight goes up