My very first NSV, small but important to me.

2»

Replies

• GeekMomma42
    GeekMomma42 Posts: 48
    I'm a binge eater too. Stress makes me want to eat ... everything and anything ... so I know how significant this NSV is! I fight all the time. Keep up the good fight! You can do this!!!! Way to go.
  • brittbrat892
    brittbrat892 Posts: 46 Member
    Good job! I need to work on my self control. lol
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    This is awesome. I will remember this when I feel like giving in to my emotions. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Great job!!! I am an emotional eater too and it was very hard to come to terms with it but it helps me deal with my eating issues now. This is an amazing NSV!
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    No calories in having a good cry! I bet you felt better after you let it all out, your post was definately upbeat and inspiring for alot of people so congrats to you!

Am sorry for sounding completely stupid but what is an NSV? I bet I am going to feel daft when I find out....
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    It's great that you realized, stopped and thought before you acted! I think that is one of the most hardest habits to break. Keep it going!

Laura:flowerforyou:
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    From a bipolar I person . . . that is a FABULOUS nsv! I eat for comfort as well, and you started the end of that horrible cycle! GO YOU!!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Am sorry for sounding completely stupid but what is an NSV? I bet I am going to feel daft when I find out....

NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. These are the little successes we have such as dealing with our emotions in a way that doesn't involve food such as the OP did, pulling on a pair of jeans that hasn't fit in years, or having someone ask, "what are you doing? You look great!"

They're signs of progress that cannot be logged in our diaries but indicate we're making progress none-the-less.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Yippee!!! Awesome! :bigsmile:
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    ummmm...ok I feel a little silly...but what is an NSV??:blushing:
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    That's amazing:). I'm currently going through one of the toughest times in my life and not grabbing a bag of chips is hard. However, feeling your emotions is the best medicine...well that and prayer.

Keep up the great work:)
  • cwr1824
    cwr1824 Posts: 3
    Good job! I'm new on myfitnesspal and am trying to figure out what NSV is. Wracking my brain for ideas. N-something S-something Victory, maybe?? -- Never mind! Just saw the other posts above -- Got it!
  • victoriab123
    victoriab123 Posts: 20 Member
    Good for you. Good choice. All those little choices lead to victory!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    What is NSV?
  • Samstover
    Samstover Posts: 18 Member
    Thats awesome! I know how hard it is to push away emotional things like that. I had to do that last summer. Its always better in the long run but i know its hard. Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!