lost

katyncal
katyncal Posts: 100 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
Well i feel like I am spraling out of control, I was doing so well..... now since I started working again I havent worked out, ot planned my meals... I have gained 3 pounds..... I just want to get back on track

Replies

• goudreau
    goudreau Posts: 5
    You can get on track again. I am having a hard time, too. Work takes up too much of my time and I don't allow enough time for myself.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    You need to plan your meals in advance for the entire week. I go grocery shopping for my breakfasts and lunches on Sunday. Pack your lunch every day from the staples you picked up over the weekend. Do the same for dinners. It gets kind of tiresome and tedius, but it works.

It was funny, just this morning, I noticed how empty the fridge was getting (I ate all the veggies and most of the fruit), and yet on Sunday, I'll be stuffing the fridge to the gills!

Now about working out. Decide which days are gym days, and what time you're going. Then GO!!! No excuses, no ifs, ands or maybes. The gym time is for YOU... if you don't go, you're hurting yourself. If getting up early and going works best for you, then do it. Even if you're having an 'off' workout, at least you're working out, and developing a gym habit. If you're an after work gym person, again, NO EXCUSES! Go do it.

Now, about dinner. I don't know if you're single, partnered or married, but if you have an 'other' it might be time for your other to step up and help make dinner, or else you might be eating REALLY late. My hubby can't cook, so I prep the food over the weekends and leave him explicit written instructions on how to heat up (or cook) dinner.

You CAN do this. It's going to take some effort and organizational skills, but it CAN be done. I also work full time, and in addition, I go on business travel between 120-140 days a year. So, I know what you're going through.
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    your not the only one since my wedding almost 2 weeks ago ive gained 5+ llbs and need to get back on track ive been so busy and my head just doesnt wanna get bk into the game...ive gotta kick my butt into shape soon...wish u luck if u need anyone im in the same boat =) good luck to u....
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Work gets in the way of everything. However, you can work your way through it. Hmm... that sounds kind of weird. Anyway, I try to get a workout early in the morning before heading off to work. The only thing I really need to work on is eating. I never eat enough and am afraid I'm losing muscle instead of fat. With the aid of friends, anything is possible.
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    katyncal ,

Ok, you just started a pretty big step, you started a new job. That's a pretty important part of your life. I've been there before, now you have to get control....you can do that.

Get used to the ins and outs of your new job, get used to the daily grind. Get your "new" schudle down and get used to it, keeping in mind your diet and how your going to work it in your daily life.

Once you figure out your schudle it will come easier to you.

It's the weekend, so I'm taking it that you don't have to work until Monday. Sooo with know that, you have two days to plan Monday out.

Plan your day! Just keep YOUR priorties in check and think about your next move. It's your life, you can either let it control you, or you can control it!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.