Easy Food Recipe's??

Options
Kimmerz1
Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
Hey MFP Friends! Just curious if anybody has some easy and delicious recipe's for a picky eater?

Replies

• butterfly0126
    Options
    Chicken Salsa ~ just what it sounds like Chicken and salsa. I use boneless, skinless and any salsa you prefer. Put it in the crock pot in the morning low heat, cook all day and when ready to serve just put the meat apart and put in either a tortilla( i prefer the whole wheat carb balance from Mission) or over brown rice is good too.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    LOL, do I ever! My bf is an extremely picky eater, and I love to cook! We both care about our health, so in the past 2 years, I have learned to cook well but simply.....Here are a few of our faves:

Chicken Fried Rice
    Make Minute Brown Rice as described on box (I make 6 servings, and we eat leftovers)
    Cook skinless, boneless chicken breast (check sodium content!) in skillet with light soy sauce
    Remove chicken to plate
    Add rice to skillet w/ 2 tbsp olive oil, cook for a minute or two
    Add frozen peas, carrots, and corn, plus light soy sauce to taste and 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, cook for 3-5 minutes
    Add chicken until all is hot
    Yum!

Pulled Pork BBQ
    Put a non-flavored pork tenderloin into a crock pot w/ 1/4 cup water
    Cook on low 6 hrs (can be done overnight)
    Shred tenderloin w/ two forks
    1 hr before eating:
    Stir in your fave bbq sauce (we use Sweet Baby Rays original), and add 1/4 water if needed, continue to cook on low for an hour

Chicken Pot Pie--surprisingly low calorie, totally delicious
    3 large chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I boil in low sodium chicken broth)
    Mix cubed chicken with 1 can healthy request cream of chicken soup and a half can filled with milk
    Stir in 1 cup (give or take) of frozen mixed veggies
    Season to taste with pepper and garlic, and whatever else you would like
    Put mixture into greased 9x13 pan
    Cover with reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (unrolled into 4 rectangles)
    Bake in oven at 350 for 25 min, covering with foil for the last 8-10 minutes

Hope you enjoy! If this is your kind of cooking, I've got more :)
  • Kimmerz1
    Kimmerz1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe's they all sound YUMMY and will try in the next few days!!
  • nicoledenae
    nicoledenae Posts: 17
    Options
    LOL, do I ever! My bf is an extremely picky eater, and I love to cook! We both care about our health, so in the past 2 years, I have learned to cook well but simply.....Here are a few of our faves:

Chicken Fried Rice
    Make Minute Brown Rice as described on box (I make 6 servings, and we eat leftovers)
    Cook skinless, boneless chicken breast (check sodium content!) in skillet with light soy sauce
    Remove chicken to plate
    Add rice to skillet w/ 2 tbsp olive oil, cook for a minute or two
    Add frozen peas, carrots, and corn, plus light soy sauce to taste and 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, cook for 3-5 minutes
    Add chicken until all is hot
    Yum!

Pulled Pork BBQ
    Put a non-flavored pork tenderloin into a crock pot w/ 1/4 cup water
    Cook on low 6 hrs (can be done overnight)
    Shred tenderloin w/ two forks
    1 hr before eating:
    Stir in your fave bbq sauce (we use Sweet Baby Rays original), and add 1/4 water if needed, continue to cook on low for an hour

Chicken Pot Pie--surprisingly low calorie, totally delicious
    3 large chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I boil in low sodium chicken broth)
    Mix cubed chicken with 1 can healthy request cream of chicken soup and a half can filled with milk
    Stir in 1 cup (give or take) of frozen mixed veggies
    Season to taste with pepper and garlic, and whatever else you would like
    Put mixture into greased 9x13 pan
    Cover with reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (unrolled into 4 rectangles)
    Bake in oven at 350 for 25 min, covering with foil for the last 8-10 minutes

Hope you enjoy! If this is your kind of cooking, I've got more :)

that pot pie sounds good. how many calories per serving?
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    For 1/5 of the Pot Pie recipe:

Calories: 326
    Carbs: 29
    Fat: 12
    Protein: 23
    Sodium: 794

It really is yummy, and SO easy!
  • cread12
    cread12 Posts: 41